Block Bitmap Corrupted

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by axslinger, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axslinger

axslinger Registered Member

This isn't so much a question rather than a statement. I pulled a hard drive from a Sony laptop. As most know, Sony loves to create 2 partitions for no apparent reason. Most of my customers want the extra partition removed.

I connected the HD to my tech station via USB, ran Disk Director and deleted the D: partition then resized the C: partition to use all the space. Then I applied the changes. Everything went off without a hitch. I could browse the "New" C: drive and it was using all the space on the drive.

Now I disconnect it from my tech machine and put it back in the laptop. I boot the laptop to a desktop and to my great surprise, BOTH partitions are still there! Complete with data! So I shut down the machine and restarted it. Now I start getting a STOP: 0x00000024 BSOD. Great Fun!

Next step, I boot the laptop with Disk Director. Upon looking at the properties, I see I have the Block Bitmap Corrupted. Even more joy.

Next step, I boot with UBCD (Ultimate Boot CD) and run Chkdsk. I didn't document everything but lets just say that Chkdsk found all kinds of issues, corrupt files and everything else you can imagine. Finished chkdsk and system booted normally.

Hope this gets fixed in the future.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello axslinger,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

I'm glad to hear that your issue has been solved.

If you would like us to investigate the issue please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report file and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. axslinger

axslinger Registered Member

Resolved? You have to be kidding! Having to do what I did just to resize a partition is hardly resolved. I NEVER had these kinds of issues with Ghost (before symantec screwed it all up like they do everything they touch). I am now afraid to use Disk Director in fear of "whacking" a customers hard drive. I purchased it so I could use it as a tool, but now I view it as a liability and won't use it.

The issue will be resolved when you locate the bug in your software and fix it.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello axslinger,

Could you please clarify whether you have used Acronis Disk Director Suite within Windows or booting from Acronis Bootable Rescue CD? In case you have performed the described actions within Windows then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post having the described hard drive connected.

If you have used Acronis Disk Director Bootable Rescue CD then please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post having the described hard drive connected..

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.