Block all ip addresses from China

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by einsfurmich, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. einsfurmich

einsfurmich Registered Member

I have been getting port scanned constantly(three times every 10 min) at least on my personal computer.

I have Eset Smart Security Home Edition and at the time version 5.0.49.0 on my Windows 7 Home Edition. Eset has been detecting the port scans but really I want to stop all of them from even getting a chance. I have been adding in my Personal Firewall->Rules and Zones-> Zone and Rule editor Setup then created my own thing called portscanning and under the REMOTE tab with deny all incoming/outgoing and first adding the IP address, then later adding the range as it got more frequent. Since I cannot copy and paste here is a screenshot. Assuming I am taking the right steps, is there a way to get the entire range and add it there, or another method to do this?

Any help I would be very appreciative.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. clubhouse

clubhouse Registered Member

3. einsfurmich

einsfurmich Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, I will look into it.

Edit:How do I put all those addresses into eset. I cannot enter over 3500 different ranges one by one. Is there a place to load the text file of the blocked addresses?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

What sort of Internet connection do you have, and how does your computer connect to it? Have you considered installing a residential gateway broadband router which provides NAT and SPI between your computer's network interface and the Internet connection?

Placing a router between the two will break the direct connection the Internet has to your computer. Once installed, you should no longer receive any connection attempts to the computer as they will be blocked at the gateway interface of the router.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.