Bloat pre loaded on my hp

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by T_Durden, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_Durden

T_Durden Registered Member

Is there a simple way to remove that stuff without it disturbing the stability? I was told because of contracts it couldnt be removed. One is wild tagent which is the program for hp's games and i read that is almost a spyware program.there are also about 6 hidden shortcuts or direct links and 4 or so in the open. hp claims to know nothing about it but its theirs and microsofts folders they get traced back to. Any ideas??

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

do you have a windows disc with it?

3. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

Hi T_Durden,
    When I was on Windows, I removed WildTangent and all the HP Games with absolutely no ill effect.

4. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

5. T_Durden

It didn't come with discs because all the back up is on a separate drive. I have 3 discs they allow you to create once, in case the PC wont start up or the drive goes on it.

I have given PC Decrapifier several runs through it and it doesnt even see the hidden ones that the always helpful tech support at HP claim isnt part of what they install didnt even know were there. I ran Revo as well and it seemed they were right about them being linked with other programs. I got rid of Wild tangent and another trial program completely and it seemed that the PC began to respond negatively and certain programs were unstable. I'll give it another go though since at this point hp isnt doing anything to help,though they were the reason for the reinstall of a system I paid to have cleaned out when i bought it a couple months back.

Judge what did you use to remove it? With Revo I get worried with the registry but trust what they highlight to remove and have done it that way. They have tried as well and both times it caused trouble. The games come right off with no problem,its the program itself that is a pain.

Thanks for all the help and I will be at work tonight trying again to get it off there without any issues. I'll keep ya updated.

6. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

Like you, I used Revo Uninstaller. Again, on my HP (with Vista), it caused no problems.
    Hope it works for you!

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i always format and fresh install....

8. T_Durden

I did use Revo again and so far there are no issues that I notice. I'm running windows 7 that came built into the HP I just got in march and both the PC and customer service has been nothing but problems so,while it is working ok now it may act up or disturb something I havent used yet later. Thanks again for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.