Blip on Wilders

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by ronjor, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Lately, when I try to reply to a thread, it goes through a bunch of changes in the navigation bar? A couple are 3w's.company7.com,3w's136bxp.com, is that something my puter is doing or normal? I never noticed it doing so, until just last week or soo_O

(Does the lowly no-stripe posters' names have to be the color of mold?!?!? Just asking:oops:)

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i was just re-reading this thread, and i now see why i wasnt making sense. i thought that my first post had the sreenshot below. sorry for the confusion LWM :D :eek: :D

if you thought what id written was funny, you should see the posts that i wrote, then deleted after reading through them, because they were too confusing. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Attached Files:

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

"a thread" is the key phrase regarding this issue. The "Pre-Halloween antics" thread has a number of offsite images embedded in it, and so when you display the page(s) containing those images in that thread, or reply to it (and the reply post range is big enough to access the specific posts in that thread), then yes, your browser will access the webservers where those images come from.

This post has a half-a-meg image linked from company7.com, so you can't help but see that displayed in your navigation bar as it loads the image. Many ten-forward threads have such images linked in them, so you will see such things as you participate in there.

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Unless, of course (and probably not a bad idea with dialup, especially in forums with lots of big images), you go into your CP here and de-activate the display-images thingie. :cool:

5. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Understood. Then you make sure you get plenty of rest o.k. my friend. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.