Bleachbit

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by John Bull, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

I have searched the Forum but never found a reference to Bleachbit. There must be somewhere of course.

I have not deleted anything that Bleachbit or for that matter CCleaner shows as duff records, but do check them regularly.

Question ?
    Would our experts please give an opinion about Bleachbit ? Reviews on the web are very good, but do stress that BB can be dangerous in the hands of "novices", whilst in the hands of computer savvy guys, BB is excellent and better than CC.

A point I have noticed is that BB shows up many more duff records than CC - in my case a lot more. Caches and temp files galore. Why does CC not pick up the same listings ?

Bad point with both cleaners = there is no "undo" facility or back-up of all these listings except for registry items. Once the files are deleted - they are GONE for ever.

I like the look of BB, it seems to be more assessment conscious and user friendly prior to any delete action. Safer ? Maybe or maybe not.

Many thanks
    John

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. philby

philby Registered Member

John, if you're into this kind of thing, there's a CCleaner add-on here that may or may not help CC come closer to BB's powers of debris cleaning...

Go compare!

philby

4. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

5. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

CCleaner & CCEnhancer coupled with DiskMax
    clean, by far, more Junk than the one of Bleachbit.

More importantly, CCleaner & CCEnhancer and DiskMax have never give me troubles.
    I canNot comment the same for Bleachbit though...;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.