Bld 889 won't boot from CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rik Bean, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rik Bean

Rik Bean Registered Member

Having been bitten by bld 859, I waited to upgrade from 826 to 889 to see if it was causing problems.

As it apparently wasn't, I updated today, created a boot CD and tried to test it. I allowed it to boot without intervention and with the acpi=off noapic switch, both refused to boot giving the message:

hdc:drive not ready for command

repeatedly, interspersed with occasional:

hdc:lost interrupt.

I've reverted to 826, which boots fine.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on what's going wrong.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rik Bean,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please let me know the following: can you boot from Acronis Bootable CD created with the latest build without the "acpi=off noapic" workaround?

If not, please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc (the full version) and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word and click on the OK button. As the startup messages stop scrolling, you can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys in order to scroll the screen manually. Please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Rik Bean

Rik Bean Registered Member

Hi Irina

As stated in my original message, I tried the acpi=off noapic switch as a matter of course.

I'll get the lines you want and send them in. However, I expressed strong concerns when build 859 was unable to explore images. Now I find a new problem with 889. TI8 is what I would consider a mission critical application - I need it to work when I need it. I cannot be bothered to keep testing the application for Acronis. If the company can't get things right, then I will be moving to an alternative product, yours is simply wasting too much of my time. This is not a personal attack on you, but I should be grateful if you would pass this message back to those resonsible. To issue two upgrades in succession which don't work is sloppy.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rik Bean,

Please send the letter to us with the information requested above. If we cannot resolve your problem, we would like to compensate you with a free product.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.