blaster not working

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by kingfoot, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingfoot

kingfoot Registered Member

i recently installed blaster but its not stoping the spyware from the webpages i visit. i checked the types of spyware they are installing and they are listed as the types blaster is suppose to stop. any suggestions?

kingfoot

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi kingfoot,

Welcome to the Wilders Security Forums! :)

Can you tell us some of the specific items that seem to have this problem? And also, the tool you are using to identify that the spyware has gotten on to your system and what it calls these items?

I'll assume for the moment you are talking about the primary protection provided by SpywareBlaster, that being the ActiveX based spyware items. SpywareBlaster protects against a specific list of these items, based upon their CLSIDs. If the maker of the spyware develops a new item, or changes the CLSID for an existing item, then it may well get through until its ID is added to the SpywareBlaster definitions. (Hence the need to update SB on a periodic basis.)

With some specific information regarding the items you are having trouble with, we should be able to provide a better explanation.

Best Wishes,
    LowWaterMark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.