Blaster & Guard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by DMo224, Mar 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMo224

DMo224 Registered Member

I have both SpywareBlaster and Spyware Guard installed and running. Guard shows that it's running in the task bar and Blaster did its blasting and then is "somewhere".

Does this mean that both are presently running? Is this overkill or the way they should be run.

Also, I don't quit understand why some items in Blaster are red and not checked. I read it somewhere, but I can't find the answer again. Why are they read and not checked?

Sorry if this is a repeat question. You know how noobs are. :p

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

This is the way they should run. SpywareBlaster sets killbits and actually does not run in the background to protect. The items that are red and unchecked are just not protected against at the moment. If you select them (or select all) and "protect against checked," then SpywareBlaster will protect against those items. Also see here.

I don't think the two of them is overkill, I use them both and only SpywareGuard is actually using any resources, and my experience it's definitely not a hog.

3. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Hey again Dave,
    I do use both and also some else, but here regarding these two, they are NOT at all resource hog and both running together does NOT cause any problem :)

regarding Blaster , Detox always complains others about being fast and he being beaten ... Detox you beat me this time.. huh :mad: ..lol, Detox have given you the answer to your question.
    Visit here http://www.wilderssecurity.com/attachments/SpywareBlaster-selectandprotect.png and I think this will help you too

keep posting

4. DMo224

DMo224 Registered Member

Thanks for the very quick answers.

I checked my resources and the sgmain.exe was 3k and my system was at 6% (that includes OE, IE, and several other running processes).

Would you recommend checking all the red items in Blaster?
    [hr]
    Sidenote: I have several spyware removers and am wondering what the opinions are on them and which ones I should run. Which forum would be appropriate to list them all and get opinions? They include Alluria's SpywareEliminator, Ad-Aware, Spy-Bot S&D, CWShredder, SpyHunter, HijackThis, plus the Spyware.

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I would recommend checking all the red items. If you use a particular website (someone showed up the other day using "excite" netmail) and SpywareBlaster blocks the cookie needed there, you can easily find it and uncheck that one.

You could make a thread about all the different spyware cleaners/blockers you wish to discuss in the privacy software forum ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.