Blaster did not reject attacks found by NoAdware ?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Racer, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Racer

Racer Registered Member

I am a new Blaster user (about 2 weeks). Prior, I was using NoAdware and decided to leave both progs up for comparison purposes. This am I ran NoAdware and found that I had 13 intrusions, 6 of them classified as "dangerous". Could someone tell me why Blaster did not reject the attacks. BTW, I do not see Blaster in the small icon field in the lower right of my display. I am running Win98.

2. Peeved McAfee User

Peeved McAfee User Registered Member

Re: SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 released!

Racer:

SpywareBlaster is a passive protection. When you enable protection, entries are added to the system Registry. This blocks cookies from some sites, places other sites in the restricted zone and blocks the download/execution of selected ActiveX scripts.

You do not have run SpywareBlaster except when updating or enabling protection. In fact if you attempt to minimize SpywareBlaster it gives you the following warning:

What were the problems detected by NoAdware?

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you have NoAdware set to save the scan log results....Please post the scan log results or upload the scan log text file regarding these findings as an attachment to a post.

If you do not have NoAdware set to save the scan log results....open the NoAdware program and select Options\Settings and place a check mark next to Automatically Save scan logs. Re-scan and then post the Scan log text file associated with that scan Please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.