Blanked out Embedded Videos

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by RCGuy, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

I have Windows XP Home Edition and I use the IE8 broswer, and as of recently, I've noticed that a lot of websites that have embebbed videos in them are blanked out or neutralized. Here's an example of one:

One hour showing of UFO´s in Peru

And I don't know what browsers anyone else is using, but I was wondering if anyone who is using IE8 notices that the embedded video is blanked out.

Any feedback on this is appreciated.

2. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

Nope, i just fired up IE8 and it was viewable.

My IE8 is all default out of the box settings (because i never use it) plus has the latest Adobe Flash installed.

If you go in here, there's some settings about embedded players...

20-00-05.png

3. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Hmmmm. That's interesting. Most of my IE8 settings are default, which would include the "Display video" setting, but I just went into the Security Settings that you showed me and clicked on "Custom level" and ticked "Enable" for the "Display video and animation on a webpage that does not use external media player," clicked on OK twice and even restarted IE(wasn't sure if I needed to do that), but the link in my OP still doesn't display the embedded video. Same with this page: Schwarzenegger's having a state garage sale, with autographs

But in addition to this not working, I also don't understand why my "Display video" setting was disabled since I don't recall disabling it. And I also don't understand why embedded videos have displaying for all the years that I've had my computer, but have changed all the suddenly. o_O

Also, is anyone else not seeing those embedded videos?

4. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

I guess no one else's expertise has any thoughts or comments on this matter.

5. Ickk

Ickk Registered Member

Try this ... go to http://www.adobe.com
    download the latest flash player activex ...to your desktop
    close IE8 then install the new flash control.

Did this happen after a security update from MS ?, if so flash content might be blocked in IE8 ... for some reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.