Blank Screen - Now Stuck

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dave Mac, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave Mac

Dave Mac Registered Member

Hi. I have the latest version of ATI10 and after a problem last month opted to use Symantec Save and Restore instead. Several problems later with Symantec I'm back to ATI. But the same problem I had before has occured. I re-installed ATI10 and imediatley generated a backup of my main drives, stored within the Secure Zone. I have a copy of ATI10 on cd (cd image created from within ATI) and last night I initiated the ATI mechanism for being able to boot into the recovery console by pressing F11, closed down and went to bed. Turned on my PC this morning and having gone through the POST process I got stuck with a blank screen apart from a flashing cursor on the top left hand side - Oooops.

As I had a backup of my main drive then tried to boot from the recovery CD, I got through the POST process, the CD was interrogated, message comes up on the screen saying 'Starting Acronis Loader...' then nothing!!

Surmising I have an MBR problem I go to the FAQ, download the MBR re-install CD ISO, copy it to disk and boot the PC with the CD in, gets past POST, interrogates the CD, 'Starting Acronis Loader...', yep then it freezes again.

Tried the Recovery Console from my XP Cd (at least it read that disk) but when I select R (hoping to get into the recovery console to FIXMBR) XP states I have no HDs installed, but they are seen in the BIOS.

Where do I go now?

System is XP Pro Sp 2
    AMD 4800+ x2
    200Gb Sata C:\ (Boot)
    400Gb Sata D:\ (Raid - Stripe)
    Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe
    2Gb Corsair
    GeForce 7900GT
    Symantec NIS (AV)
    True Image 10 (Backup)
    Disk Doctor (ASW)

Dave

2. Dave Mac

Dave Mac Registered Member

Quick update. Managed to use a neighbours PC to generate an ATI MBR repair floppy. Booted from the floppy, gets as far as 'Starting Acronis Loader...' then all stop. Weird!!

Dave

3. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Your trouble could be different then mine but, I found when I had my usb hard drive plugged in, before booting to the rescue drive, this would happen. I had to bring up TI and then after choosing the "full" and loading to "full" mode, I would then plug in my usb drive, I would then turn off Acronis TI causing a reboot to the recovery disk and then I could proceed. I don't know why, but I am glad I figured it out. Hope it works for you. By the way I have TI version 9 so who knows?? Just grasping at straws, but a lot of my work arounds have been by grasping for straws.
    Good Luck.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dave,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We need some additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround.

Please create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;

- Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;

- Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;

- Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;

- Collect the report file from the floppy.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.