Blank screen need help

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by kizakisu, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kizakisu

kizakisu Registered Member

ok ok i will try did not work well on that site i think it is say that i have a broke Dell MBR so it can't boot my op ok nvm it say i have a working one

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

"ummm how can i get to my comp and the start menu?"

Pay attention, I said "Before proceeding, test it's ability .... Boot off it, let it settle to an a:\ prompt, then eject, and finally ctrl+alt+delete for a reboot. Leave me a yes/no then I'll go ahead and prepare a download with direction's for later on sometime."

For the moment you can take care of the above while tgell re-group's. Leave an answer, I'll check back later.

S

3. kizakisu

well i left it in there but it did not go to a a:\ prompt --- well how can i tell if it is in a:\ prompt

4. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Either you never had a restore partition or your mbr is indeed broke for a Dell restore. I would continue on with the help that GlobalForce is providing you.

5. kizakisu

6. kizakisu

well can you tell me how to get to a:\ prompt well it tell me there is no data on the floppy to boot and i9 am not sure about the a:\ prompt

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  7. GlobalForce

If you chose "Create an MS-DOS startup disk" then closed the dialog, rebooting alone should have brought you to an a:\ prompt. Did XP reboot instead meaning, it may have bypassed the floppy. Is that what happened? XP is all on one partition aboard the system you're now using, correct?

S

8. kizakisu

Place diskette in the computer.

Open My Computer, right click the A: drive and click Format.

In the Format window, check Create an MS-DOS startup disk.

Click Start

hmmmmi would need a comp with a floppy drive well i will need a new floppy disk to

9. GlobalForce

What are you saying .... that there's no disk or ....
    What happened after clicking start?

*Update:
    Before forwarding more detailed instruction, what do you make of this as a possible reason your unable to boot?

http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t68996.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here, from post five you wrote .... "I am still wonder if this is a hard drive problem i wonder if i can erase it and start widows over is that posilbei don't mind starting over i can always get the stuff i had back."

As I see it right now XP has NO pro's in it's favor. Vi$ta, a one way with physical recovery option. YOU must decide.

You could erase it, I've got a dwnld to handle that. I haven't checked deep enough to know but what if you determine shortly into Vi$ta your existing hardware's incompatible, then what? No XP cd's .... you'd have to call Dell unless you bought this off someone, then maybe they could make the call? Get the stuff you had back? This mean software? How about Vi$ta? At bare minimum you'll need in your possession a burned ISO before even considering an install.

*Vista/OptiPlex GX620 specific pages.

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/.../en/winvista_faqs_rel?c=us&cs=prem&l=en&s=pub

http://support.dell.com/support/top...product_support/en/vista_test?c=us&l=en&s=gen

http://support.euro.dell.com/suppor...k&l=en&s=gen&SystemID=PLX_GX620&os=WW1&osl=EN

Steve

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  10. kizakisu

i want to dele i have a xp prof cd so i can get it back and if i want to get vista i can burn it on this comp well the dele dwnload you have will it be by cd or floppy

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  11. GlobalForce

Attached Files:

12. kizakisu

drivers what do you mean like after i do this i would need more things or just to get vista how come it say dvd r well i can do cd r right so after this i wiull just need to istall what ever op system i want right

13. GlobalForce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.