Blackspear's settings

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by DanL, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanL

DanL Registered Member

I've been using NOD 32 AV for several years now, with Blackspear's settings.
    Very happy with the setup. Currently using 2.7.

I'm considering the complete security suite and wondering if Blackspear's settings can be imported the same as on the AV 2.7 AND 3.0.

Currently using NOD 32 2.7 AV with ZA firewall, Spysweeper for spyware only.
    Just upgraded one of my computers today to NOD 32 3.0 AV and like the new interface.
    Would like to ditch the other programs if ESET SS can do a good job with it all.

2. norky

norky Registered Member

3. DanL

DanL Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.........but that thread is for the stand alone AV program.
    I was wondering if you can do the same with the security suite.

4. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

Until the official answer arrives Know that once you Set-up ESS to your satisfaction you can Save via Export/Import back Your settings which are Saved as an .xml file. If you don't select Automatic Firewall and instead choose Policy-based or Interactive, there's rules, etc. to do so you may be slightly busy anyway.

Whether BS's xml 3.0 AV settings can "mesh" with ESS as a "partial" setup is unknown to me. BS should post that somewhere as this ESS Forum doesn't believe in FAQ or How-To Sticky's yet.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I have never done it but I think it should be possible to import the NOD32 v3 settings into ESS . ESS will only read the settings for the modules that are in the NOD32 xml . All others shouldn't be changed .

If something goes wrong by accident , you can very easily revert the settings to the default ones - from the Advanced setup tree -> Default button

Attached Files:

6. DanL

DanL Registered Member

Thanks for the replies!

Maybe Blackspear will come up with some tweaks for eset SS.......hint. ;)

7. norky

norky Registered Member

the av portion is the same. use his settings for eav in ess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.