Blackspears settings

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by steve1955, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Hi
    We all know that NOD offers excellent protection when settings are set to "Blackspears" but can be a little weak if loaded with default ones,my question is :-why isn't the default settings as per Blackspears and if you want to reduce protection ,you have to alter the settings to suit you, this way all users of NOD would have what I consider"proper" protection(even newbies)without having to find out by coming here,which they may never do or even know this place exists,or even worse being"infected" by some malware thst could have been avoided.
    The same type of question could be in fairness levelled at all AV vendors:-the default on most seem to offer slightly weak protection,as a side issue if all AVs came pre-loaded with max protection setting users would be able to gauge the protection offered against load impossed on PC in a more even light
    Sorry if this has been raised before

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

The default settings offer very good protection and as far as I am aware are aimed at the corporate environment. The settings I prefer are every available option used and fully automated with safety in mind, this being, quarantined used on all occasions.

We have asked for a setting to have all these options so someone can simply click a button or similar to implement them in version 3.

As there is a thread in existence on the matter HERE I'll close this one.

Cheers :D

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.