Blackspears setting for ESS 4.0 ?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by markriley, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markriley

markriley Registered Member

I've been using Blackspears settings on ESS 3.0.657.0 on Win XP 32bit without any problems (that i know of anyway). I was wondering if anyone has tried his settings with the newest 4.0 build in Win XP 32 OR in Win 7 64 bit?
    I have an HP Win 7 64 bit Laptop for my daughter and have removed norton with thier tool and plan to install ESS 4.0 (dowloaded today from ESST) on it with Blackspears settings.

And of course i want to keep my desktop (xp 32bit) up to date with newest ESS and would like to continue with Blackspears settings.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Generally speaking, the default settings for a clean installation of v4.0 should be all that you require. You can tweak things as needed, of course, but the out of the box settings should provide a good balance of protection, speed and convenience.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. markriley

i just figured that since he went to all the trouble to post 6 pages of step-by-step directions that it was to get optimal use of the program.

So you mean ESS 4 has adopted most of the presets he felt were best in ver 2.7 -3 ?

like you say what im really after is "a good balance of protection, speed and convenience" without having to fully understand all of the advanced options.

Mark

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

In some cases, yes, but in others there is no direct correlation between a feature added in v3 or v4, so the default option chosen is the one which provides a reasonable level of protection that does not impact system performance too much. Keep in mind, though, that because operating environments vary greatly some additional tweaking may still be required, such as setting exclusions for a specific piece of software.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. markriley

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll be moving up to 4.0 this weekend when I have time to iron out any potential issues.
    Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.