Blackspear please help

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by twl845, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hi Blackspear - I am a new NOD user as of yesterday when I installed it using your instructions. Installation went great! I had the opportunity to shut down and boot up twice yesterday and noticed NOD update the definitions and had no problems. This morning when I started my computer and watched it boot up, I saw NOD load first, then Ewido, then ZoneAlarm Security Suite (yes I have the AV turned off along with the AS) and about 4 seconds after everything loaded nicely, I got an error which reads: SVCHOST.EXE -Application error
    "The instruction at 0x00000000 Referanced Memory at 0X00000000.
    Click OK to terminate the program Click cancel to de bug the program.
    OK CANCEL

The first time I saw this I mistakenly clicked OK and I had to force a shutdown. I booted up again, and when the error appeared again, I clicked CANCEL. This time every thing was OK after I clicked CANCEL and stays OK while I'm up. But every time I boot up I get the error.
    I suspected ZA so I told it not to load at startup and re-booted. I still got the error with no ZA. It has to be something that NOD has done since it only happened since installation. Can you please tell me how to correct the situation? Please bare in mind that I am an intermediate user at best so try to simplify your answer.:p

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Blackspear - Sorry, I neglected to include the end of the message in the error after "The instruction at 0x00000000 referanced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Blackspear - I looked in the Event Log and it shows "Error connecting to server" 82.165.250.33 all day, along with "Error connecting to server"
    u8.Eset.com
    u3.Eset.com
    u4.Eset.com
    I don't know the relationship this has to my main thread.

If anyone else can help, please do. Thanks

4. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Blackspear will be along shortly, good luck!

Marc

5. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I would suggest repairing Winsock, then repair IMON; see post number 40 HERE

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hi Blackspear - I repaired winsock with the download, and after I rebooted the error message didn't re-appear. Then I opened IMON and found it disabled. I enabled it and did as you instructed in post #40. As far as I can see, I'm OK. Is there anything else I need to do? Can you explain to me what happened and how I fixed it? I want to learn as much as I can as a new user still on the learning curve. Thank you very much for your help in advance. :D

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

No, what you have done should have resolved the issue.

Your TCP/IP Stack had become corrupt as 2 products attempted to be number one on the stack. Removing and replacing your TCP/IP Stack resolved this.

My pleasure.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.