Blacklight download blocked by AMON

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Winston Rem, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winston Rem

Winston Rem Registered Member

Ran into strange problems trying to download the Blacklight app (fsbl.exe) from F-Secure's web site: ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/anti-virus/tools/fsbl.exe.
    I'm running NOD32 v2.7 (3643), Online Armor and CounterSpy.

When I use the Save File function in Firefox (FF), the download appears to be successful, but the downloaded file is only a little over 300KB of the true 1.1MB. No popup from AMON. FF set to allow popups. Same result on several tries. With download manager (DownloadThenAll!), AMON pops up a warning display and the downloads stops. The Threat log shows fsbl.exe as "a variant of Win32/Adware.Antivirus2008 application quarantined - deleted". The quarantined file was submitted for analysis. The strange thing is that when I download the file using IE7, no problems, no AMON alert. Why false positive? in FF but not IE?

Thanks,
    Winston

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

No problem here. Do you use a download manager? Does installing ESET NOD32 Antivirus (v3) or v4 beta make a difference?

3. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

use FireFox own download manager
    do not use DownloadThenAll!
    then tell us the result

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.