blackberry 2 factor encryption

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by lurningcerv, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lurningcerv

lurningcerv Registered Member

Does anybody have any experience with Blackberry's 2 factor encryption? My understanding is that you can use a smart card or micro sd card as a token. How do you set it up? I've looked at Blackberry's website and I don't see a tutorial there on what I want to do, which is just set the device to require a micro sd card to decrypt it.

2. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

3. lurningcerv

lurningcerv Registered Member

Thank you for the link. There are some interesting things there, but I still did not see anything about 2 factor encryption for the phone itself. I would just jump in and try it, but what I read on the blackberry website made be a bit cautious about doing that. There is apparently a certificate involved in the 2 factor encryption process, a certificate which can expire. So I want to know all about how it works before I attempt to set it up.

4. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Sorry, I thought the knowledgebase might provide your answer. See this manual (page 18 should help). http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/subcategories/?userType=2&category=BlackBerry Smart Card Reader

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.