Black Screen restoring image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Carolina, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carolina

Carolina Guest

Hi,

We have a trial version Enterprise 8.0.903. The backup by network is done fine but as soon as we tried to restore the image a black screen appear and nothing else happen. There is not way to restore the backup.

We are working with W2000 SP4 server version. Are we missing something. Has happened something similar to you?

Thank you,
    CAROLINA RODRIGUEZ

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Carolina,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe your issue in more words?

Please tell me if you are trying to restore an image from under Windows or when booted from special Bootable Rescue CD.

Please also clarify what type of network connection do you have?

Tell me what operating system is installed on the storage PC?

Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Let me know if you have received any error messages. What exact messages?

Tell me if you are using the trial version of Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Windows or Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. Carolina

Carolina Guest

Hi,

The answer are below:

Could you please describe your issue in more words?
    The system that we sell needs a image backup frequently for prevent loss of data when any damage could happen with the sever.
    We have tested with acronis in several servers but just in one we are having problems.

Please tell me if you are trying to restore an image from under Windows or when booted from special Bootable Rescue CD.
    We make the backup properly but as soon as we try to restore the image from the Acronis boot cd a black screen appears and nothing else happen; so there is not way to get the backup; for the Windows way there is not a option for us. We are in testing time right now.

Please also clarify what type of network connection do you have? It´s a LAN 10/100. start network topology.

Tell me what operating system is installed on the storage PC?
    The servers that we have tested on is Windows 2000 server with SP4 but just one have problems; there is any special requirements in the Windows updates?

Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.
    Insert the Acronis Boot cd; the restart the server, then the cd unit starts to read the cd and then a black screen appear and nothing happens. The CD has been used with other servers and is ok; and the CD unit has read all the CD that we put on it.

Let me know if you have received any error messages. What exact messages?
    Nothing.

Tell me if you are using the trial version of Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Windows or Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0.
    Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0.903.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Carolina,

I'm afraid that there is no build 903 for Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0.

Could you please find the full version name and build number as it is shown at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/ and let me know them exactly how they are shown there?

Please also note that trial version allows you to restore images from under Windows.

Tell me what exactly happens when your are trying to boot from Bootable Rescue CD.

Do you see any inscriptions or pictures, such as Acronis logo or "Starting Acronis Loader..." for example?

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.