Bitdefender v10 Rescan Quarantine files?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by yeow, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yeow

yeow Registered Member

Hi,

Anyone knows if Bitdefender v10 rescans quarantined files? Either automatically after updates, or manually if possible?

I could not find any option, documentation or mention abt it. I'd cleaned out a family member's computer, and sent the files to BD & others.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. yeow

yeow Registered Member

HI, any BD users know?

Not abt those files, but whether quarantined files can be/are re-scanned.

3. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

I am not a BD user. But when I was beta testing BD 2009, user named Niels was particularly helpful.
    Try sending a PM to him, I think he is the one who can help you out.

If all fails, there is always the BD forum.

4. yeow

yeow Registered Member

Hi vijayind,

If no other members know, then I'll try pm'ing Niels. Thanks!

That BD forum seemed to have grown. I vaguely recall it was quite a sparse forum abt 1.5 years ago - when i installed BD v10 on that computer.

5. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hello jeow,

I don't think that BitDefender will automatically restore falsely detected items that are currently quarantined. But I am not 100 % sure about it. But you can test it by just restoring them. If it was a false positive the files will not be detected again. What are the signatures that you are using at the moment? If BitDefender would have removed the signatures and BitDefender has the ability to remove falsely quarantined files than you shouldn't find them in the quarantine folder.

Kind regards,
    Niels

6. yeow

yeow Registered Member

Hi Niels,

Although it's not a problem for me to restore any FPs in quarantine, navigate to their locations with windows explorer, then rescan with BD - but I think it could be a problem for those people I'd installed BD for. Eg for one, "right-clicking" is still not fully understood yet.

The above files are infected files, I manually added to them to quarantine in order to send to BD. But it then occurred to me that, if i set BD to "move to quarantine" for actual detected files, how do i instruct those people to confirm FP?

It would be much easier, if they could open the GUI & rescan quarantine files, see that initial detection was removed, then release the files - all in GUI.

7. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hello jeow,

The quickest way to reporting false positives or sending new samples is by registering on the official BitDefender forum. And upload the false positives in this forum section. For sample submission you need to post here. That is the quickest way to get in contact with BitDefender virus lab. You can always send quarantined items to BitDefender but that I wouldn't recommend because sometimes sending fails. I am also active on the BitDefender forum under the same name as I am registered here.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will report it. But I don't know if they will going to implement that feature in a product upgrade. BitDefender version 10 , 11 (2008 versions) will not get any product upgrades anymore. That was always the case when BitDefender released a new version.
    So if they (=BitDefender) are going to add it you need to upgrade to the 2009 product line. You can do that for the remaining days of the current license you own.

Kind regards,
    Niels

8. yeow

yeow Registered Member

Thanks for info, Niels. Tho it's certainly too difficult for my folks (it's registered to them), but I'll keep that in mind when I'm helping out.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.