Bitdefender - upgrade

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by C.S.J, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

bitdefender give free upgrades right?

if they do, what will be the next version, is it that crappy total security which i detest

or will there be a better 2008 version, one that is not 'total' ?

2. kinwolf

kinwolf Registered Member

Yes they give free upgrades when you have a valid license.

My guess is that there will be a barebone antivirus only version and the Total security version will most surely replace the current Internet Security package.(just like NOD32 current beta is for the complete suite but they will also offer a standalone AV)

Beside a new interface, I don't know what a barebone v11 will bring though. The scanning engine in the current beta is the same as in v10.
    Bettter vista support maybe, or they might also throw in the defragmenter(what a joke that tool is, as far as I can tell, it simply calls the windows defragmenter API)

Kin

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

BitDefender 11 will have a different and better engine in the final release. Yes, upgrades are definitely free during the license period. There will be 3 versions of BitDefender 11:

1) BitDefender AV = The same as always :D
    2) BitDefender Internet Security - replaces Professional Plus/AntiVirus Plus
    3) BitDefender Total Security - Replaces the current Internet Security edition

BD Internet Security users are going to get a free upgrade to the Total Security edition AFAIK. You may need to contact BitDefender if you wish to use BitDefender Internet Security 2008 instead of Total Security.

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

cheers

5. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

Thanks to Chris for asking the question and even more thanks to Firecat (who else?) for answering the question.

I have the same concerns/fears as Chris about BD's Total Security, but I have been happy with both BD's AV+ and Internet Security (V9 & V10) up to this point.

Again, thanks to all......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.