BitDefender Trial Weirdness

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by msanto, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msanto

msanto Registered Member

Well, it's weirdness in MY book.

I wanted to try 9 ... I had tried 8 previously but wasn't impressed. Anyway, I installed 9 and it said my trial had run out. Eh? I just installed it.

However, I had earlier (months ago!) tried 8 on this same laptop. Turns out from BitDefender Support "We ofere only one 30 days trial, no matter the products. If you used another trial before, the one you install afterwards will be displaye. Otherwise you could keep testing our products for free for several moths."

This makes no sense to me. 8 -> 9 is a major rev. I was not impressed by 8, but 9 might be different. Yet they won't let me install and try it?

This comment about several months makes no sense either. I can see not allowing someone to try the SAME version twice, but different versions? How can I try something for several months unless they release 8, 9, 10 all in 1 months time.

Tried removing stuff from the registry but I'm either missing something or ...

And no, I don't want to try it on a different PC. I always use my "least productive" PC for these type of tests ... I'm not going to use my main PC for this.

All in all, seems like a silly policy that could cost them customers.

2. nicM

nicM nico-nico

3. msanto

msanto Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.