BitDefender TrafficLight (BETA): Social Web Security, Re-invented

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sg09, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I suppose it's nice to know things are working OK for you. :D But, what does that has got to do with anything? :p

The first part of my previous post had to do with the full installer version, which will also protect other browsers, including Internet Explorer. It used to cause slowdowns, but I can't test it to verify whether or not something has been done about it.

The second part of my previous post had to do with me suggesting to support other search engines. :D

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Really, in your latest PM you mentioned you were using Chrome with different user profiles. So try it on Chrome to see that the delay is gone. Unless you just want to complain about something. Then keep asking at the wrong forum

3. m00nbl00d

What? o_O

Why are you talking about Chrome? I'm not talking about Chrome! I'm talking about TrafficLight supporting other search engines. What the heck? o_O

I'm also not talking about the Google Chrome extension! I'm talking about the full installer version! It was the full installer version, that was causing issues. I don't even know if it causes issues with Google Chrome, at all. I know it caused slowdowns with Internet Explorer 9.

Also, what does my latest PM, about different Chromium profiles, has got to do with TrafficLight? Nothing, at all. I truly don't see what you're aiming at with that answer of yours.

Let's not try to create a confusion, where there's none.

4. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Is the database for Firefox still having an updating issue? Seems good on Chrome to me.

5. ichito

ichito Registered Member

6. Kees1958

I don't understand why are you referring to (and complaining on) an addon for IE9 when you are using Chrome, that is my confusion.

I suggested to try the Chrome Bitdefender extension for chrome. So you can check for yourself that the delay of the Bitdefender CHROME extension is gone. When that creates confusion for you, please forget it

7. m00nbl00d

That's precisely your confusion - I'm not complaining. You're making a storm out of a glass of water.

I was wondering, just like user sg09, if BitDefender worked on the issues that the full installer version had, such as slowing down browsing. It happens that I remember it caused slow browsing with Internet Explorer 9, because back then a relative of mine was using it, after my suggestion. After a while, my relative moved to Google Chrome, for reasons other than the issue with TrafficLight's installer version, and has ever since been using the Google Chrome's extension version, without any issues.

I must say that I've been using TrafficLight in one of my Chromium profiles, ever since I first saw mentions to TrafficLight. I never noticed any slowdows.

I apologize if wondering/being interested in knowing if BitDefender TrafficLight's team worked on those issues, and if they could fix them, is a crime.

But, why would you suggest such? I explicitely mentioned that the slowdows were caused by the full installer version. I never mentioned Google Chrome's extension version.

So, if anyone is confused about something, that person is you.

To end all of this, this is what happened. I replied to user sg09 with the following:

Not that I owe you any explanation, but the reason I cannot test the full installer vesion, is simply because I don't have a testing system and I don't feel like having to do backups and all that, just because of testing something that I won't be using and no one I know will either, because they're all using Google Chrome's extension version.

So, if someone running the full installer version could say something about it, it would be nice to know - from an interest point of view - if BitDefender worked on the issues users were having with it.

And that's all it was. You decided to bring Google Chrome's extension into the noise, and honestly I still don't understand why, considering my reply to user sg09 was about the full installer version.

So, I asked about oranges and you decided to suggest to try clementines, and see if they were better now, when no one ever talked about clementines being bad, at all. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  8. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

@ kees and moon. stop saturating this thread with useless bickering, it was obviously a misunderstanding, lets move on.

no the issues still persist, see here

9. carat

carat Guest

Does it still have "the ugly bump"? :doubt:

10. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

yup.....alive and thriving :argh:

11. gugarci

gugarci Registered Member

Any new updates on the full version? No one has added anything since 2/25.
    Thanks.

12. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

It was pulled ouf of beta..

13. carat

carat Guest

I won't try it again as long as "the ugly bump" is alive o_O

14. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Is this released or still in beta?

15. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Read the post above, tpro... :gack:

16. m00nbl00d

And, where did you get the idea it was pulled out of beta? o_O I just downloaded the web installer from TrafficLight's official website, and I installed it. It said beta version. Not only it is a beta version, as there are still browsing slowdowns with both IE and Chrome. I tested with those two. But, I'd imagine it's the same for every other browser.

Those not using IE are lucky with the extensions, though. :D

17. Kees1958

Yep, allthough Chrome's phising protection and download file reputation is becoming really good. I just removed BD TL (combo chrome + Norton DNS catches every listed entry of MDL lately)

18. m00nbl00d

I've switched to OpenDNS sometime ago, so I reintroduced TL to fill the gap. :) Too bad there's no Norton SafeWeb for Chrome. There used to be an unofficial extension, but I no longer see it. I wonder what happened to it. Search "norton" in Chrome Web Store brings no useful hits. :blink:

It's a bit surprising that there's no official extension either by now. But, this is off-topic... and not to be discussed at this thread. :D

Anyway, I hope BitDefender works TL (version that supports all browsers), so that it won't slowdown web browsing. It's quite insane how slow browsing gets, actually.

19. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Hey sorry since I don't have time at the moment to go through the whole thread but where are FPs to be posted? It was informing a little bit ago that my blog was unsafe..

20. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Stopped updating again for me. *Sighs* Using Waterfox.

21. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

22. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

23. cet

cet Registered Member

There is a new version out.Google Chrome add-on 0.1.28

How can I check if it uses https now?

24. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Hi cet,

V1.28 has been out for the last 6 months. Still waiting for the new one. :)

TrafficLight version.jpg

25. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Darn. You got my hopes up since it has been 2 weeks since they said they would have a new version in 2 weeks, probably with HTTPS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.