Bitdefender Total Security 2015 vs. Bitdefender 2014

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Fly, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Fly

Fly Registered Member

For a day or so I've been comparing the two versions.

Since I could get a 2015 license for free I decided to give it a try.

From the look of the GUI, it seems very different. Fewer options for customization. And for example, under 'web protection' there are several options such as 'protection against fraud' and 'protection against phishing' without any explanation of how this is done (submission of URLs to the cloud?) or any documentation or link to documentation.

Maybe it's me, but it feels weird. Does anyone else have an opinion about the two versions ? I haven't done a full head-to-head comparison, but I feel tempted to go back to the old version for as long as it works anyway.

And those free licences just feel weird ...

2. NWOAbschaum

NWOAbschaum Registered Member

Why use an older version when u can use a new one if u get it for free? the new one have less bugs, so i would use the 2015 version.

3. Banzi

Banzi Registered Member

Actually with Bitdefender the newer versions always have bugs that take months of updates to sort out. I have stuck with BDAV+ 2014 due to the fact it still has the games list feature, in the 2015 this was removed & replaced with profiles that were pretty buggy, opening firefox or steam put it into game mode even when no games were being run.

There is still a bug in the 2014 version that causes the newer versions of Opera to run very slowly unless you disable AVC in the anti virus settings, with it disabled Opera loads very fast. My main issue with BD is it has one of the best AV engines in the world but doesn't have many options & by default it wants to run in autopilot mode & delete anything it finds, I always change it to move to quarantine but sometimes it will still delete stuff.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.