BitDefender Total Security 2012 FINAL

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by allexif, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gery

gery Registered Member

Outpost Forum is the same

2. xero_fearstreet

xero_fearstreet Registered Member

Ok, the final product has been released & i downloaded with full gusto.
    But after reading the above posts, i thought to share my problems also.
    I'll mention them as shortly & precisely as possible:

1. the settings given in BD AV 2012 is far much less as compared to BD AV 2011 (i was searching for them frantically)

2. the memory load by this software on the system is a little bit high

3. whenever it removes a virus (either by scanning it manually or thru auto-protection), on my WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE SP1, it resets my FOLDER OPTIONS. i.e these options get unchecked automatically:
    hide file extensions,
    don't show hidden files, folders. o_O

I tried very hard, but couldn't figure out a solution for this. I tried other antiviruses, they didn't tend to interfere with my personal settings... o_O

3. allexif

allexif Registered Member

You have to post this on their forum forum.bitdefender.com so they can look at it

4. xero_fearstreet

xero_fearstreet Registered Member

thanx brother :cool: ..
    will do it :D

5. allexif

Who wants to talk to bitdefender tech support live I found this link, click on CHAT :p:

BitDefender Live Chat

I uninstalled it so if somebody talks to them and find some fixes please reply!

6. hawki

hawki Registered Member

How does the " Virtualized Browser" work? Do we know what browsers it works with? Can you choose to not use it ??

7. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Just purchased Bitdefender 2012 Internet Security. Is there a way too schedule scans? Couldn't seem to locate the function on the menu. Sincerely...Securon

8. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

As odd may it seems,with the AV offline installer the Auto Pilot problem is gone.I mean when i disable the AP it stays disabled.But again,the 2012 BD products seems to be targeted for the average users,who don't know how to mess with the granular settings of the 2011 products and this is enough for me to look elsewhere for an AV.

9. Qlimax

Qlimax Registered Member

So i understand that protection is not important, only to mess with the settings...in that case comodo its just right for you. No offence!

10. allexif

I think Comodo is not that bad, even if it don't catch something it sandboxes it until you decide what to do with it, what do you think about this :

-http://www.youtube.com/user/TheComputerguy93#p/f/0/SlEngmTuvno

11. Qlimax

Qlimax Registered Member

I was a comodo user for 2 years now. I know what it can or not do. But decided to be patriotic and buyed bitdefender licence :)

12. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Non taken.But you're wrong.The settings are very important because they allow me the option to increase protection (even for FP),and more important,to KNOW HOW a product protects me.And actually Comodo is one of my favorites,even it's not installed on my machine right now.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  13. hawki

hawki Registered Member

I am curious about the "New Virtualized Browser." I see it mentioned only in a BD press release and no where else: not in the ads, not discussed here, doesn't show in the BD online screen shots. Earlier I asked what we know about this, whether it can be turned off, and what browsers it supports and got no response.

I would think that as significant as this new feature might be that it would be mentioned in the ads or talked about here.

Does this actually exist, was it actually implemented in the BD 2012 products??

From the BD press release:

"New - Virtualized Browser. Launches the browser in a Bitdefender-provided environment, isolating it from the operating system. This is done to prevent browser-based e-threats from exploiting vulnerabilities to gain control of the entire system." http://www.bitdefender.com/news/new...twork-protection-and-autopilot-mode-2174.html

14. allexif

I think if you press the Sandbox button in the bitdefender browser toolbar (TrafficLight) or what it is name(I uninstalled BitDefender and I don't exactly know) it opens the browser in Sandbox mode, it works in IE, Firefox and Chrome that I tested.:)

15. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Thanks for the info :)

16. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

Back to using BD TS 2012.

17. allexif

I'm curious why did u change your mind :) , not satisfied with Kaspersky 2012? I keep changing my security software every day since 2012 final release, but everytime I install BD2012 it disapoint me, now I have CIS Premium 5.5 and I don't know what to say about it, it catches everything :|, Comodo is that good? In tests is very poor....o_O

18. Duradel

One of the developers finally responded to my thread on the BD forums so I figured I would try it again.

19. hckyo

hckyo Registered Member

BD2012 seems lighter in system resources than previous versions ,, the AV version runs extremely good in my PC, finally a good job :D

20. MrGSM

MrGSM Registered Member

Yes, BitDefender 2012 seems lighter, but configurations is ahead...
    Firewall doesn't have more options like its predecessors, also disinfecting, i didn't see where to choose option in resident protection like "Move to quarantine"....
    Yes it's light but less options...

21. Technic

Technic Registered Member

Unistalled.

AV started delete my legit files. Pffftttt, I have three licenses though. :mad:

22. icr

icr Registered Member

Have you reported to their dev team, I thought this version of BD might change their bad image they got over the last 2-3 years(v2010,2011)

23. Duradel

Uninstalled again. The hit on performance when browsing websites was abit much.

24. allexif

No improvements untill now? (untill you uninstalled it) o_O?

25. Duradel

I can honestly say the combo I have now feels like I've got no antivirus installed on the computer (impact wise) as the browsing is lightning fast!

BitDefender wasn't impacting much on CPU (ate a fair bit of RAM however) and made browsing slow down to a crawl. Not sure if its the firewall component of BD Total Security 2012 but something was making everything really slow. I personally favour higher computer performance over high detection in any case because due to the multiple layers of software protection available nowadays no one solution can really cover everything.

Bit Defender needs to focus on making BD 2012 as light as possible so that people will come to it in droves :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.