BitDefender question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Hyperion, Jun 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyperion

Hyperion Registered Member

Hi,i have one question about BitDefender.I ve read good things about it so i thought to keep it as on demand scanner instead of Antivir (i hate the long updates files).
    The problem is that seems BitDefender needs to be running in the background anyway,even if hasn't RTM.From control pannel (WinXP) ,services i found 2 services active.I confirmed in the task manager there was a bdss.exe (i think) running taking about 15 MB RAM! Disabling the services made BitDefender inoperable.So i uninstalled it.I mean,what's the point in having an on-demand antivirus consuming resources anywayo_O

My question is.Is there maybe some way to make it work without having these services running? Some configuration i missed maybe?

Thanks

2. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Not that I can think of off the top of my head. If you disabled it in the control panel... probably the reg checker working would be my guess.

3. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear Hyperion, i don't think it'll work but you can try to set those services to be started manually rather than automatically. use SERVICES.MSC for this.

4. Hyperion

Hyperion Registered Member

Thanks,i 'll give it a try.I just hate having many programmes loaded in startup with no real reason.Antivir and Panda also have such processes,but disabling them (setting to manual) didn't affect their ability as on demand scanners.It's a pity for BitDefender,i like it.But KAV is the only AV i want to see in my task manager :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.