bitdefender or nod32

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by theshadow247, Dec 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msu

msu Guest

I have been using bitdefender standard V9 on 5 systems for the last few months and am still very happy with BD. As far as the update requiring a reboot that does not happen on every update, I believe it only occurres when there is a change in an executable (bug fix) for most updates which include only a new virus definition no reboot is needed. Additionally the prompt for reboots can be turned off, under the update screen under the setting tab is a "wait for reboot, instead of prompting" button, by default this is cleared. I have set it on all of my systems and simply shutdown when I'm ready. For the most part I reboot any where from every few days to at most 10 days. While Bitdender waits for the reboot it still functions fine, the virus shield still scan files on access and scans incoming and outgoing emails. The every 2 or 3 day scheduled nightly scans run fine. It will even continue to check for and download virus definition updates while it waits for me to reboot.

NOD is a great choice, I actually tried it before trying Bitdefender. As I mentioned in another post I was concerned about NOD being a little confusing for my wife and daughter on their laptops. Bitdefender's interface and easy of use is what weighted heavily in my decision. Bitdefender consistently scores at the top in the various test, it has both a good definition file with frequent updates and heuristics. I don't feel I have settled for any less protection in choosing it for it's easy of use. In the end there are a number of very good anti-virus products and no one best choice for everyone. Good luck with what ever you choose.

2. crazy4stef

crazy4stef Registered Member

u should try bitdefender!

it's good av which contains behavior detective tech.

3. peewee

peewee Guest

What the - speak English please!! Contains a detective o_O

4. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.