Bitdefender Game Guard

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Sunrazor, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunrazor

Sunrazor Registered Member

Anyone tried this under windows 7 x64? I downloaded the wrong trial (for regular bitdefender) and it refuses to let me try Game Guard now. The concept is kind of interesting. Right now I am leaning towards G-Data Total Care though as it seems to offer the most complete protection and backup. Still this is an interesting piece of software. Anyone?

2. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

U sure u dont mean Game Safe? If so i liked it alot except for crawlin up turn pc off time n sometimes not even letting it close so its a goner for me :(

3. Sunrazor

Re: Bitdefender Game Safe

Yea sorry. I meant Game Safe indeed. Doesn't sound to promising that one.

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

dont know if it's improved, i tried game safe a little over a year ago. it worked well for 3 days, then all sorts of things started happening, firewall wouldnt start. pc would hang. etc etc. i tried numerous re-installs. then gave up it didnt un-install cleanly. i lost patience and re- installed windows. i am still waiting for their support to reply to my 3 e mails, their forum however are very helpfull!
    a years license for 3 days, no don't think i can recommend really. the last e mails i sent was asking for my money back, again no reply.

5. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

My Son tried it, but he now uses MSE for his x64 system. Due to UAC he has altered the settings of MSE a little: he excludes C:\Windows and C:\Program Files (also x86). Because nothing can write to these directories under UAC. He is pretty happy with MSE (money saved goes into gaming :)

Regards Kees

6. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

It is a feature which can deal with viruses or suspectable apps silently?

7. Sunrazor

It's a standalone antivirus made for gamers. Which made it interesting for me :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.