Bitdefender Free and Memory

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Wepynx, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Wepynx

Wepynx Registered Member

Just curious. If Bitdefender free is so light, why are some of my customers getting these readings :gzserv.exe - 175,000 K and Commit Charge:475 M/ 5596 M ? Before BD Free they were seeing readings around: 7,384 K - 13, 768 K, and commit charge of : 165-265 M / 5596 M. Thanks for your time.

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I don't know BD free. But I've used BD IS for a while now. Some months ago memory usage went crazy high, like 10x more. After emailing BD support & finding them USELESS, stupid, vengful & petty. I on my own did a repair install & BDIS is perfect again.

3. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Is this on Win 10?

4. Wepynx

Wepynx Registered Member

No, I was asked this same question. It's being used on an XP, (just for certain programs), and Win 7, I think the readings are from Win 7.

5. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Is it high all the time?

Coz when I was using it... after system boot gzserv was on high side as you mentioned but after sometime use to settle down. Sometime occasionally on high side but as above use to settle down after sometime. On my Win 7 64 it use to be between 5000k - 75000lk normally.

Hope you have the required RAM on the system.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.