BitDefender Feedback.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by EsoxLucius, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

My son is using it,The suite that is and when i checked it i had to fix a few things that was turned off.The icon in the tray should change color when an application isn't working.:oops:

2. kinwolf

kinwolf Registered Member

Yes, as it is right now BDIS will never warn you that something is wrong unless you open the interface.

Just this morning, the virus shield service once again stalled for some reason and nothing was telling me it was so. At least in BD10 the icon was turning grey when the protection was off, and there was this little balloon too, but in 2008, nada. :thumbd:

Also, one HUGE thing to improve is the technical support. I reported a bug in BDIS2008 build 11.0.11 2 weeks ago, the answer I got after 5 days was that Bitdefender recommended to upgrade to BDIS 2008... :blink: I replied back that, like it was mentionned in the bug report, I WAS using 2008, no reply since then and the bug is still there. Another problem regarding my license was reported a month ago and never got answered, I had to use liveassistance last week to get any kind of help(at least that part worked)

I now have another repetitive bug with the update process freezing when it tries to apply the updates and I wonder if I should bother filling another bug report, seems like that inbox is never read.

I love the software but those little things become frustrating in the long run.

Kin

3. jlo

jlo Registered Member

I had exactly the same fault last evening. Unfortunatly my graphics card i think blew straight afterwards (Nothing Bitdefender related) so my computer is down and am waiting for my computer to be fixed so can't look in to the issue any more.

I would definatly put in a support request for this.

Cheers

Jlo

4. jlo

jlo Registered Member

5. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Same problem hit me on xp sp2. BD AV 2008 is this a Beta?

Critical issues id'ed when I hit fix all zip happened. I'm om 30 day trial!:thumbd:

On reboot of PC it was "fixed"

6. kinwolf

To fix the problem without restarting the PC, go in the services MMC and restart the Bitdefender Virus Shield service. It should fix things up.

This is exactly the bug I reported when I was told to upgrade to BD2008 as a solution :doubt:

7. Escalader

Hmm went into services and it is started and automatic! o_O

8. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

BUMP.

9. EsoxLucius

EsoxLucius Registered Member

Hello,

the bugs that you have reported were known or are now known because you have reported them.

Now you should have a little patience for fix to appear. I've got nothing else to give you right now. Sorry!

10. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

I think this has already been reported, but sometimes the Bitdefender update service freezes and becomes unresponsive. There's a message saying new updates were downloaded and are being applied but the update service freezes. The only way to fix it is to reboot the computer. This has happen several times.

Also, Bitdefender doesn't inform you that there is a problem with the update service. The Bitdefender update service was not working for over 12 hours on my computer. The only reason I knew about it was that I was looking through Bitdefenders advance menu and noticed the problem. I'm running Windows XP, on a dual core computer, 2gigs memory.

It would nice if there was an option (users could enable or disable) to have Bitdefender inform the user via task tray bubble, when Bitdefender has updated it's virus/malware definitions.

Also, how about when you mouse over the Bitdefender task tray icon, it displays the time/date of the last virus/malware update. In addition to the "Bitdefender 2008" title.

11. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

when i try to install BD IS 2008 again, im now recieving the register screen/sign in etc every single time i reboot.

the only good thing im glad of, is that i dont have to put in my serial again, as it already detects that, but the screen is still the register one, and instead says if i have a different one, to put it in.

this screen should not be coming up, and its a definate error that needs fixing.

12. tec505

tec505 Registered Member

I've freezing problems during inbound Outlook mail scanning, when Azureus is running. My machine hang, at 90% downloading email. So I've to hard shut-down and restart.

Mike

13. kinwolf

Got this problem too(update freezing)
    I reported that bug to BD at the beginning of last week, they asked me for some files, haven't heard from them since. Hopfeully they are able to reproduce.

BD 2008 is definitively lacking in ways of warning the user that something is wrong, and what is strange is that all those warning messages where in v10 but somehow got removed from 11 o_O

Kin

14. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I had a similar problem....updater not freezing exactly but repeatedly downloading the same set of files. The support team showed me a method which kinda worked, but I had other issues with BitDefender which unfortunately are still not fixed.

15. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Yet another issue...

Like many others with poor eyesight, I use 800X600 for my screen resolution.

At 800x600, BitDefender's Advanced Settings screen does not fit on my 21" monitor. Neither does BD's Scan Results screen. Thus, the buttons at the bottom of those screens are out of sight.

Oddly enough BD's main GUI fits the screen just fine at 800x600.

REQUEST that all BD screens be adjusted to fit the monitor, even at low resolutions (800x600).

16. Zombini

Zombini Registered Member

Actually its more of the copy-cat syndrome which unfortunately demonstrates a lack of innovation and original knowledge of what users really want. Why does BitDefender have to depend on Symantec's research ?

17. Escalader

The following issue in v.2008 family bothers me.

I am testing the privacy feature in the trial version of BD AV 2008. I sent a simulated bank pin number to a trusted email address (my own) and the numeric code passed right through unmasked.

So I conclude that the feature doesn't work, I don't understand it's limitations or the trial version has removed this feature.

Please clarify what is happening with this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.