BitDefender AV 2012/2013 and Firefox

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by country2, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. country2

country2 Registered Member

I'm tried both versions last night and after installation of either one Firefox slow to load almost like its froze.

Figured it out to be cause be flash script on web sights (I was going to msn.Seems like about 2 years ago or so I had same issue and was the reason why I dumped it.

I tried uninstalling adobe flash and reinstalling bit no luck. Heck even removed OA Armour firewall and basically turned off all of BD options except for av auto scan just in case.....Anyone else having/had this issue? Google turned up cases similar to this going back to 2010 and seems was conflict with other program or ssl scan/search check or what ever it is called

Right now using Roboscan with no issues.

Just found out this is refered as Bitdefender Bug 530074. You would think after so long this would of been fixed.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

No problem here with with Chrome, Dragon or IE9.

3. country2

country2 Registered Member

read somewhere that someone else had this issue and went to pale moon. I uninstalled FF and went to pale moon and that part is fine now.

But do notice that my dsl speed test is weird now. It starts slow foe about 4 secs spikes up back down slow again that spikes back up but average isn't that bad. With BD off its normal with a straight graph. I have everything dis enabled except for auto vulnerability scan and media scan with windows firewall running.

4. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Sorry to be off topic here but i tried using Online armor and it would not open a sandboxed browser.the homepage would not appear and it was like it was in a loading loop.:eek:
    Unsandboxed the browser opened just fine.I think OA still has issues with sandboxie,Im using the comodo dragon browser.

5. amvlad

amvlad Registered Member

Hi country2,

We're very sorry to hear about your browsing slowdown issues when running Bitdefender on your PC. What i advice you is to send us a detailed description of the issue at bitsy@bitdefender.com. We will get back asap.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.