Bitdefender Antivirus Plus question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Andrew B., May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew B.

Andrew B. Registered Member

My question is about how heavily Bitdefender Antivirus Plus is on the system. Does it slow things down noticeable? How does it compare to others?

2. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

Not sure about Antivirus Plus, but I'm currently trialing Total Security 2013 on two Vista computers with 4 MB of Ram on each, and I can't notice *any* slowdown at all. Web browsing is incredibly fast. I would think that Antivirus Plus would likely be the same. But I guess everybody's system is different...

3. darts

darts Registered Member

It is pretty light and i don't notice a slowdown on my system.

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Light as a feather on one of my laptops (i7,8GB RAM); IME, runs as light as BullGuard and KIS, but not quite as light as Avast or WS in real time. And latest versions are stable.

Check it out in a recent performance test over at av-comparatives; http://www.av-comparatives.org/performance-tests/

Recommended as great detection and some great cheap deals about.

5. Sher

Sher Registered Member

It's considerably heavy on the internet speed. Otherwise, it's not that bad.

You can also check the "Performance Test" conducted by AV-C for further assistance.

Right now, I am not using any AV on my system and I am loving the speed of my system.

6. entropism

entropism Registered Member

Yet when I put it on my Core i5 3570K, 8gb ram, SSD, the works, it slowed everything to a crawl. Something is seriously buggy with BD. If it works, it works. When it doesn't work? It REALLY doesn't work.

7. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

I honestly don't notice much difference in terms of "internet speed" or any slowdowns using Bitdefender versus any other AV that I've used in the past.

I'm wondering if the firewall in the suite is what might be causing the slowdowns on some people's machines. o_O

8. Disney

Disney Registered Member

Just running Antivirus plus I can tell that the internet slowdown is there . So it is not the firewall--at leat not on my machine . RAM goes up as the time goes by . No idea why . And the worst part is it does not allow you to choose how to handle detected threats . Not a friendly software for me .

9. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

I wonder if the amount of RAM and hard drive space has anything to do with it. I'm running Bitdefender Antivirus Plus on a new machine with 1 TB of HDD and 6 GB of memory currently, and I don't notice any slowdowns. There are the occasional slowdowns that don't happen very frequently, and that seem to be more of a problem with the web site server than the AV software.

Are you using Firefox, by any chance? I've notice that Firefox does this horribly (RAM increase over time)

It takes action without user consent, but I believe you can choose how you want the threat to be handled (clean, quarantine, delete, etc.). And you can remove items from quarantine at any time.

10. Disney

Disney Registered Member

8 Gigs of RAM here . 750 GB drive . Windows 7 64 bit . This machine screams usually . CPU 3.2 overclocked to 3.8 . RAM speed , if you care , 1600 . I have no problems on this machine with most anything I decide to play with . Some have complained of the machine slowing . My machine did not slow but , clicking anything on the internet would give a very slight glitch before connecting . With any other software , I never had the issue . Also , testing download speed without it loaded would indicate a steady climb to say 6 mb . With BF loaded , it would show steady to about a 2 mb and quickly jump to 4.8 and be done . Weird . And I use IE9 . Not Firefox at all with BF .

As for choices , I got none ! It either takes needed action ( it decides ) or you can quaratine . I got no options for anything else which is a huge drawback for me personally .

11. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

Is Bitdefender antivirus plus compatible with Comodo firewall?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.