Bitdefender Antivirus Free - English GUI

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Jaska

Jaska Registered Member

Is everyone experiencing extremely low on-demand scans? I just tested a sample of 102 new malware and the scan took over 3 hours! Result was exwllwnt, 95/102

2. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Yes, rightclick scan is dead slow.

3. Pirate_fin

Pirate_fin Guest

I wish that the developers would let us know, if this is still being developed or did they abandon this, because they can't take negative feedback.

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Best place to ask is probably on their own forums, but last time I looked, there was very very little feedback even there.. I'd say this product is more or less abandoned for all practical purposes.

5. anon

anon Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2351330&postcount=2933

--------------

Bitdefender Forum > English > Home & Home Office Protection > Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition:

Post #41 = May 12 2013, 05:03 PM
    Probably a rhetorical question anymore, but still, the project is developing or already closed?

Post #43 = Mar 13 2014, 08:05 PM
    Almost a year, and I want to repeat the question, the project will develop or closed?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=40732&st=40&start=40

6. ance

ance formerly: fmon

Hehe, well done Bitdefender. :D

7. constantine76

constantine76 Registered Member

8. anon

anon Registered Member

9. constantine76

constantine76 Registered Member

10. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

11. aztony

aztony Registered Member

I 1st trial-ed this AV about a year ago but quickly got rid of it primarily because of its penchant of shutting itself down, with your only warning being able to catch the change in colour of its tray icon. That trial was on my XP rig. 3 weeks ago I decided to take it for another spin. Started with my XP desktop, installed it with some effort. After it installed it did its update, ran an auto scan, and looked to be doing fine. Upon my next startup BD loaded fine and promptly shut itself down after 30-45 seconds. Subsequently, its real-time protection stays on less than a minute each time after it loads. Just doesn't work with my XP for some reason. I then Installed BD on my Win 7 rig to see if I had the same problem there. It seems to love Win 7 32 bit. Only had one issue so far with the Logs function, and my only annoyance is that the tray icon does not always show after it loads. Given my past experience with its impromptu shut down I like being able to see the tray icon. All and all, BD's doing a great job on my Win 7 rig.

12. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I had exactly the same experience when I tried Bitdefender Antivirus Free on my Windows XP system recently.

13. ance

ance formerly: fmon

After 2 weeks the logs button is dead again, Win7 64bit. That's Bitdefender, well done. :(

14. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Logs were working fine yesterday on Win7 but not today. :( Is this cloud/update related? Never had a problem with it shutting off on XP though.

Edit: Logs only are available on an admin account. They do not open on my LUA.

As of today 5/6/14 logs are available on LUA

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  15. KaptainBug

KaptainBug Registered Member

any news about this product ? totally dead ?

16. garrett76

garrett76 Registered Member

If I'm not wrong the last program update was released in November. So 6 months without updates.
    I guess the product is dead. They likely realized that it was too good as a free antivirus (except for the issue with logs button) since it has the same protection level of paid versions.

17. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

to be fair: even the paid AV get 1 update per year. BDF free gets daily virus updates, so saying that the product is dead is a huge overstatement.

18. garrett76

garrett76 Registered Member

Yes, but the lack of any response by the developers about the future of the product both here and on bitdefender forum makes me think...

19. Malware fighter

Malware fighter Registered Member

quite strange, 6 months and no update when almost every AV updates their products monthly- makes to wonder

20. Pat MacKnife

Pat MacKnife Registered Member

Euuuh latest update Qihoo 360IS from jan 2014 ....

21. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

yes, you're right on that one. but the product works pretty well and gets constant database updates, so i guess for a free av it's not bad at all.

22. DaZa9

DaZa9 Registered Member

BD banned your IP (or generally it bans some countries, mine too) so to use their forums you must use a proxy or VPN to change your location.

23. clocks

clocks Registered Member

360IS is being replaced by 360TS any month now.

24. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

So what happened to BD free? Anyone tested this or something? Is it still any useful?

25. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Non-existent development and support. However, still may hold useful. Of course, it is bitdefender.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.