Bitdefender Antivirus 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hckyo, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gauchoo

Gauchoo Registered Member

Oh, so what about the link provided by hawkeen in page 5 of the other thread, do you think it's the same build as the review one ?

2. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

3. cp4eva

cp4eva Registered Member

I'm downloading the 2011 install as we speak. Going to give it a go and I will get back on how smooth it runs (or doesn't).

4. cp4eva

cp4eva Registered Member

Upon installing BD 2011, it did NOT actually install over 2010. 2010 is still on my PC and it won't uninstall.

What happened to BD, they used to be a great product.

5. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    Does anyone know how to disable the web shield? Opening up programs is slow and I think if I disable this they may open faster.

Matt

6. Gauchoo

Hi, in the main gui, select antivirus, custom level in the protection level and uncheck the scan web (http) traffic.

It didn't do very well in pcmag.com tests, with the reviewer stating 'BitDefender didn't score as well as last year in my hands-on antimalware tests' : :blink:

total security 2011 :
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2367844,00.asp

antivirus pro 2011 :
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2367860,00.asp

7. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

Languy99 posted a review of "Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 - Final" on youtube.

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOdZqrL6zEg&feature=uploademail-

8. chriswiles

chriswiles Registered Member

That's likely as you've installed the REVIEW version of the product, which is designed for reviews :) ie. it's not a consumer build.

Chris.

9. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

I think it did a good job, it let one Rogue through and some leftovers. That VaccineTree is legitimate I think.

10. Gauchoo

Wonder what the difference would be if the ids, registry and scipt protector were enabled.

I was going to install this on my Sister's laptop, who isn't very savvy with the pc and dangers of the web, but I think I am now going to reconsider with the pc mag review and the languy99 video.

Thanks though to Chris and bitdefender for the offer.

Looking forward to hopefully see what the other offer is from Chris. :D

11. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

BitDefender Anti-Virus Pro 2011 Build 14.0.23.312

Downloading Links:-

--http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/antivirus/final/en/bitdefender_antivirus_2011_32b_online.exe--

or
    --http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/antivirus/final/en/bitdefender_antivirus_2011_32b_purchase.exe--

12. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

For 64-bit OS:

--http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/antivirus/final/en/x64/bitdefender_antivirus_2011_64b_online.exe--
    or
    --http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/antivirus/final/en/x64/bitdefender_antivirus_2011_64b_purchase.exe--

13. AvinashR

First BUG:-

We cannot restore files from quarantine folder ... Security Center still crashing (Not New Problem) ..

14. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

I still got one license left in my give away :D

15. eugene91

eugene91 Registered Member

yeah... after install it already starts to crash.. i restarted a few times.. noticed the longer boot up.. about 30 secs more than usual.. reinstalling doesn't work for me..

16. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Here is the full list of offline installer download links

Antivirus

32bit

hxxp://content-down.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/antivirus/final/en/bitdefender_antivirus_2011_32b.exe
    or
    hxxp://content-down.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/antivirus/final/en/bitdefender_antivirus_2011_32b_purchase.exe

64bit

hxxp://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/antivirus/final/en/x64/bitdefender_antivirus_2011_64b.exe
    or
    hxxp://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/antivirus/final/en/x64/bitdefender_antivirus_2011_64b_purchase.exe

Internet Security

32bit
    hxxp://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/internet_security/final/en/bitdefender_internet_security_2011_32b.exe
    or
    hxxp://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/internet_security/final/en/bitdefender_internet_security_2011_32b_purchase.exe

64bit
    hxxp://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/internet_security/final/en/x64/bitdefender_internet_security_2011_64b.exe
    or
    hxxp://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/internet_security/final/en/x64/bitdefender_internet_security_2011_64b_purchase.exe

Total Security

32bit
    hxxp://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/total_security/final/en/bitdefender_total_security_2011_32b.exe
    or
    hxxp://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/total_security/final/en/bitdefender_total_security_2011_32b_purchase.exe

64bit
    hxxp://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/total_security/final/en/x64/bitdefender_total_security_2011_64b.exe
    or
    hxxp://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/total_security/final/en/x64/bitdefender_total_security_2011_64b_purchase.exe

17. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

Yep, tried it (final 2011 AV version) , crashed several times (on clean machine) , still very bloated, in one word ... pure BS of app.

18. Azade

Azade Registered Member

Tried out Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 and after uninstalling it all my passwords in Firefox was gone :oops: I'd made some backups before installing it so the problem was resolved.. just a warning !

19. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

What's the difference between "bitdefender_antivirus_2011_32b_purchase.exe" and "bitdefender_antivirus_2011_32b.exe" o_O

20. hckyo

hckyo Registered Member

On my desktop pc the only issue wich I have noticed is the slowdown when I´m browsing the net, It decrease almost a 40% ... and the boot time that is very long..

then no more problems when it scans.. or even with quarantine archives.
    It crashed a few times when I just installed it ... now it works normally

21. AvinashR

Are you able to revert your quarantine files?

As far as browsing is concerned i agree that it decreased almost 40-50%...Even opening of IE or Firefox increased upto 7-10 seconds for me...

22. hckyo

hckyo Registered Member

yes no problem with restoring quarantine files...

23. hckyo

hckyo Registered Member

Download the Bitdefender setup downloader from BD Home page.
    Install with that utility and you will have a BD 2011 with no problems :thumb:

that´s what I have done with my laptops and no bugs or problems for the moment
    :shifty:

24. zerotox

zerotox Registered Member

Hello. From what I see again in their forum - again the may be 2 years old bug - Services not responding for quite a few people already. It's funny and annoying - since they said that this will be fixed in 2011 version. I think people who like their engine (which undoubtedly is very good) better use F-secure or Bullguard.

25. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Some really nice reviews. I have two questions.

1. Is it using a newer version of the engine? If that is so then will it be upgraded in F-Secure/GDATA/Bullguard as well?

2. Are we really trying it on clean machines with all the OS patches installed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.