BitDefender 9 Std.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by CogitoErgoSum, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

Has anyone in this forum used or has been using BitDefender 9 Std.? If so, what have been your experiences to date? What intrigues me about BD 9 are its HiVE and behavior analysis technology. Any advice, comments or opinions would be greatly appreciated on this matter.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum
    :D

2. Pollmaster

Pollmaster Guest

Not sure what is the difference really. Bitdefender 8 was already top notch using adaptive heuristics which adapt to whatever attacks it is exposed to , so no attack can work twice.

Bitdefender 9 uses time travelling technology (HIVE) so that whenever some new malware is detected, they travel back in time, and put in the signatures in the database before the malware is written! That's what you call Proactive!

I can't wait to see what KAV has to counter that/

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have been using BD 9 since it was available. However, I can't be of any help, as it just seems to do what it is supposed to do from my standpoint. I would not know if I had BD 8 or BD 9.

Jerry

4. gates

gates Registered Member

I have used bit defender 9 standard now one week time and i have liked it much. Bit Defender update its virus definitions almost every hour, so its defs are absolutely always up to date, and we can be also proud its heuristics.
    I can say that bd 8, and now 9 are best programs what i have ever have in my computer.

I almost forgot... my first post :D

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  5. Siro

Siro Registered Member

Is Bitdefender v 9 a resource hog or light on system resources...just wanted to ask.

6. Sealord

Sealord Guest

It's not light. On a 3GHz Windows XP with plenty of RAM it runs fine. But I took the trial version off a 400Mhz Win98SE with 384MB - it was just choking.

7. Siro

Siro Registered Member

Okay thanks for the update ive not used the latest version so i did not know.

8. FastGame

FastGame Registered Member

I don't think BD is a resource hog at all. The on-demand scan can be CPU intense at default setting, you can change that in the setup. The resident scan doesn't seem to slow things down in the least bit.

Light/Heavy is relative to one's system. On an older low resource system sacrifices need to be made in other areas not limited to the AV. On a modern high resource system the term "light", other than a conversation piece, has no meaning what so ever IMO.

My PC is almost 2yrs old, there isn't an AV made that slows it down......

It's better to try the AV's and see which best fits your system. :)

9. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

Does anyone know if this product will run on x64 XP?

10. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

Thanks to all the helpful souls who have chosen to share their two cents worth regarding BD 9 with me.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum
    :D

11. StU

StU Registered Member

I guess it will not run on x64 XP.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2005
  12. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Thats odd. I know few people tried BD8 on x64 and it worked as far as i remember.

13. StU

StU Registered Member

And it has its full functionality?

14. pcaca

pcaca Guest

15. Atomic_Ed

Thanks for the info link. I could not find any info on this before and that was quite helpful. I run Avast! Pro right now and am pretty happy with it but was considering BD 9 as an additional app.

16. FastGame

FastGame Registered Member

I also use avast! and use BitDefender 8 free as a backup, BD has proven to me that avast! is doing a great job :)

Why don't you try the free version 8 and let us know if it works on your 64bit ?

17. Atomic_Ed

I may just do that and see how it runs together. I have never ran 2 AVs a the same time on any system before. Do you have and CFG advice as you are also running Avast! as well? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.