BitDefender 8 free for 24 hours

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tsehov, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clique

clique Registered Member

:thumb:

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

:p I can get free BitDefender 9 Pro+ version via my ISP offer anytime i want.
    So when my current NOD32 subscription runs out, i'll most probably migrate to BitDefender :p I just hope keys will work on BitDefender 10 since NOD32 will last till 2007 :)

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Is this what you got when you visited the link or did you get this in an email?

The promotion web page still seems to be working fine for me. Try again.

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Not here :blink:

Attached Files:

• bd.gif
      bd.gif
      File size:
      6.9 KB
      Views:
  5. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Same message, @ FireCat this is after you put in your contact information.

6. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

I've tried to register yesterday, but it says "Already participated for this promotion." Well I didn't. I've used both my e-mail adresses, and still it gives this error... :'(

7. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Same thing for me, try another australian post code and a really random name and then it worked

Alphalutra1

8. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Have tried this several times. Still no luck :'(

But I cannot grumble as I have managed to receive 1 free license for this AV and I was trying to obtain a second license for my daughter.

So if there is anymore left, let's leave them for those users who cannot afford to buy a good AV.

9. clique

clique Registered Member

chande name,post code, email. don't use same info all the time. if still no luck change IP(don't get me wrong) I mean go to local library, school, university etc.

10. bathisland

bathisland Registered Member

Nopes. Changing names, postcodes, email addresses does not work for me. Oh Well!!!! Better luck some other time.

11. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Hmmm . Same here
    Alpha is correct . Changed some things around and BINGO ! But , then the message " No serials ..........

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  12. nicM

nicM nico-nico

...By the way, Thank you Firecat ;) , I've got mine two days ago, and if I didn't like BD before because I thought it was slowing down my computer, it doesn't appear to do with the 9 Standard - even startup is quick as without BD indeed: I think I've found my AV for the next 12 months ! :D

13. Ailric

Ailric Guest

The same goes from me. I'm running BD 9 STD free and legal for the next year.

14. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

:) I stripped the barrel dry three times, one for each of the other three computers in my house ;)
    Of course this was before they ran out of serial #'s

15. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Wow, that means you have licenses for six computers (since 1 license of BD covers 2 computers) :eek:

16. chia

chia Registered Member

Technically a license covers 1 desktop and 1 laptop (belonging to the same user) not 2 desktops. Still a good deal though. ;)

17. aigle

aigle Registered Member

if you are putting hypothetical data, how it can be legal ot at least it is not fair?

18. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

:eek: I guess they got raped then :D

19. RAV

RAV Registered Member

Tried a trial of BD9 Standard on my WinXP machine and I noticed much slower startup of programs, especially Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox. I was running alongside Sunbelt Kerio 4. Uninstall for BD did not work! Even after uninstalling, BD9 would still be present (only the uninstall files would be gone). Tried reinstalling and then uninstalling and no go. I had to manually delete the registry entries, files, etc. per directions of BD website help.

I also had a few blue screens for the first time, so my initial impressions of BD9 weren't too great. I finally said WTH, and ordered NOD32 which runs much more smoothly, although takes some learning compared to BD.

20. hemkop

hemkop Registered Member

Well i have three computers at home, we're big family :)
    i have kav, bitdefender and nod32 on diffrient computers, and i just tried to install and uninstall bitdefender and it worked perfect.
    And also other user dont seem to have problem with it, only you.
    Check your computer, Good Luck,
    KAV - NOD32 RuLeZzZZz

21. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

There was obviously something very wrong with your PC prior to BD9 installation.
    It's working very well on my PC, i notice small slowdown if i enable On-Access archive scanning (disabled by default). But the hit is very small so i can compensate with that. Uninstallation also went smooth. There are some files left behind but are easy to clean.

Softwin folder in Program Files and Common Files folders and Softwin key under Software entry in Local User and Local Machine registry hives.
    It basically leaves settings behind in case you reinstall it (so it's all set without need to adjust everything again).

22. RAV

RAV Registered Member

I am only posting MY experience. I have used other AVs without issue, but obviously the uninstall program for BD must have been corrupted on my computer. As for slowdowns, this was mainly noticable when starting up Thunderbird, but afterwards it ran normally. BD is probably a fine product, I opted for NOD32 instead and I am comparing the startup time for the apps against it.

23. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well maybe people simply prefer english over their native language.
    I know i prefer english over slovene language in any software.
    Mostly because slovene is crap for software translation. Loads of funny long words that don't have much in common with the meaning (for example CD is called "zgoščenka" ("zgoscenka") in our native language (officially). Kinda sux if you ask me :D And it's not just this word. And from what i've seen german language is also full of very long words.
    I also don't like having programs with mixed languages. For example, english windows, slovene display drivers and controls and german antivirus.
    I prefer everything in english. So i can assume there are also people in germany that think the same as me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.