bitdefender 8 free edition release

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by nisby79, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

In Holland we say: Never look in the mouth of a given horse ;)

1. That said I am using BD prof at the moment. I don't know of slowing down my system or such whatever. (I see the things in PE)

2. That said I am not an expert on AV's, I change every now and then AV's (licensed one's)

3. I am still anxious to know what people meant with: resource hog, big footprint etc. I really don't know what's big and what's small. Anyone can explain? I will very much appreciate that.

TIA

Gerard

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

@halcyon - just installed bitdefender free and teh auto update works fine. try setting auto update to 1 hour or maybe it has something to do with ur comp or config.

@gerardwil - total mem usage between all of bitdefender free' services and processes is about 24-25K and virtual mem is the same. of course the processes that are active will depend on ur settings in BD.

3. Ned Slider

Ned Slider Registered Member

I'm not sure why anyone would want automatic updates for a program that only provides on demand scanning - why would I want updates every 3 hours for a program I only run once every week or so o_O

A simple 'update now' button would suffice IMHO so I can get the latest updates right before performing a scan.

Ned

Last edited: Aug 14, 2005
  4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

maybe the AU is the reasoning behind having a service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.