BitDefender 8 free eats RAM even when not in use..

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sweater, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I disabled the ClamWin AV to run in auto start-up, and its still fine and i only use it when scanning viruses..it didn't eats up any RAM when not in use... but the BitDefender 8 free always consumes RAM even if not in use, always running, I have already disabled all of its functions in general settings.. I even disabled the automatic update features just to save some resources and memory. :( but still it showed up in the start-up entry in ProcX. I tried to disable some of its entries in Autoruns(sysinternals.com) but I couldn't load it when I tried to. And I have to enable it again in the Autorun.

How can I make BitDefender not to run in the start-up coz I only like to use and run this AV when I am scanning for virus...as back-up scanner.o_O

Attached Files:

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

BitDefender 8 Free edition runs three main processes;

1.bdss.exe - Scan Server.
    2.xcommsvr.exe - BitDefender Communicator Server.
    3.bdmcon.exe ; the Management Console.

The main memory user is bdss.exe and takes up about 18 MB VM on my system.

You can disable bdss.exe as it runs as a service; Start>Programs>Administrative Tools>Services OR Type services.msc in the run menu.

Attached Files:

3. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

You can also contact BitDefender's Live Support, they'll help you if you've got any problems :)

4. sweater

;) I followed this instruction... but BitDefender scanner was unable to start scanning not until I select it again and click start in services. I mean, I have to always click start in the administrative services everytime I do the manual scans instead of clicking in the BitDefender console. :cautious:

How can I do the manual scan to immediately scan my pc using the BitDefender start button instead of going to administrative services consoleo_O? or this is the only way, to always go to admins services to start manual scanningo_O? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2006
  5. sweater

I forgot to... here's the attach image everytime I do the manual scans after I followed your instruction and set the admin services of this thing to manual:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.