BitDefender 2013 Final released!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by thanhtai2009, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pablo87

Pablo87 Registered Member

any news when the dutch version comes out?

2. kases

kases Registered Member

hi amin

call of duty will be added to kaspersky as additional items:D :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

DELET BESOZE:D

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  3. Qlimax

Qlimax Registered Member

This "Crap" its the best AV u can find from two years now...so if u want advanced settings but crappy protection, u should use Comodo!

4. Amin

Amin Registered Member

defensively agree witchaaaa :thumb:

some people just look so prejudicial at these issues and i don't like it.
    i myself am a fan of bitdefender but said both pros and cons.

best regards.

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I prefer less settings. some products have to many settings and require tweaking to get max protection. Most users just want install and forget.

6. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I don't mind not having a lot of settings, but with this AV, I had issues with it continually deleting one of my files. I was finally able to figure out how to change it to quarantine, but that wasn't any better. There was no way to mark the file as safe before it would get quarantined. As soon as I would restore it, BD would re-quarantine it before I could do anything with it.

I hate programs that take this kind of action without giving the user a choice of action to take.

7. Amin

Amin Registered Member

solution : Settings >> Antivirus >> Shield >> Modify >> Actions

then Check the "deny access" instead of "Take proper actions"

this way bitdefender just block any access to the file, then u can add it to exclusions

best regards.

8. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Does Bitdefender scan SSL connections or did you enable it? Quite a few AV's have this option and use their own certificate so the browser doesn't complain.

9. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

SSL scan option is enabled by default. In fact I can't see any option to disable it. I tried downloading eicar test file via secure connection and the web scanner blocks it.

10. Amin

Amin Registered Member

Settings >> privacy control >> scan SSL

any problem with that ? :D

and Scan Http >> settings >> antivirus >> modify >> Traffic scan >> scan http

i don't know what exactly u are having problem with.

11. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

Thanks:) I was looking for the SSL scan option under antivirus settings since Scan http was included there:D

12. Amin

Amin Registered Member

your welcome.:)

well, once that happened for me also, i think it is not in the place where it should be.

best regards.

13. Amin

Amin Registered Member

Bitdefender 2013 offline installers released today !

offline installers for bitdefender 2013 !!

Bitdefender TS 2013 32 Bit

Code:
    http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/t_security/2013/en-us/bitdefender_ts_2013_32b.exe
    Bitdefender TS 2013 64 Bit

Code:
    http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/t_security/2013/en-us/bitdefender_ts_2013_64b.exe

==============================================

Bitdefender IS 2013 32 Bit

Code:
    http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/i_security/2013/en-us/bitdefender_is_2013_32b.exe
    Bitdefender IS 2013 64 Bit

Code:
    http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/i_security/2013/en-us/bitdefender_is_2013_64b.exe

==============================================

Bitdefender AV 2013 32 Bit

Code:
    http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/av_plus/2013/en-us/bitdefender_av_2013_32b.exe

Bitdefender AV 2013 64 Bit

Code:
    http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/av_plus/2013/en-us/bitdefender_av_2013_64b.exe

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  14. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

Hats Off to Amin for providing direct offline installer links for BD2013. They are very much appreciated. :thumb: :thumb:

15. Amin

Amin Registered Member

you're welcome dear..:thumb:

16. jna99

jna99 Registered Member

Hi, I have Bitdefender Total Security 2013 final and I love it ! I wish there could be some systray animation when scanning or when the firewall is active or something. other than that its great I think.

And now for something completely different:
    It is possible to run BitDefender Total Security 2013 final together with Comodo firewall. I tested it and it works, install BitDefender 2013 first and then cfw. voila, enhanced firewall (disable defense+ / sandbox from comodo).
    I know this is not the ideal solution, but it works if you want a firewall with more options and the protection from BitDefender.
    You don't have to disable the IDS or Firewall within Bitdefender.

I would rather have only the Bitdefender product running as well but I wish the firewall from bitdefender has more options.
    Anyway, I hope I don't offend anyone by saying that comodo firewall runs with Bitdefender Total Security 2013 final. I'm just saying that it is possible to do so.

17. Amin

Amin Registered Member

hey, jna99 thnx for your kind reply.

yes it is absolutely possible , i did it usin' EOA + BD TS 2013 and there was no problem and this is a prove for which i can run CFW beside BD TS without any lag

if we left the bd firewall setting by default ( not paranoid nor intrusion activated ) i think there will be no matter with D+ ,

this is nothing comparing once i installed and configured Avira IS + Comodo IS :D

but another time i installed pc tools threatfire beside comodo is ... consider what . a horrible nightmare !!! usually i like to do weird things .

best regards.

18. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Just bought a 2 year single user license of Bitdefender Internet SEcurity for 25 USD at my local dealer :) not a bad deal :D Loving its lightness so far

19. Hotep

Hotep Registered Member

Whaaao_O?? o_O

June 22nd, 2012, 04:14 PM
    Replies: 19
    BitDefender Stock Clearance Sale
    Views: 1,233
    Posted By berryracer
    Thumbs down Re: BitDefender Stock Clearance Sale

I recently had a 3 year license for 3 PCs of Bitdefender Internet Security which I have refunded

everytime I restarted my notebook I got a warning saying that the Antivirus Auto Scanning has been disabled even though I installed it on a clean Windows 7 x64...

When I posted this in their forums...a moderator simply closed my thread so because of that I got a refund...very unprofessional and I'd never touch any of their products anymore even if they offered it for free!

They are so desperate now they are giving discount.....

Clearance?? pleease not like it's some stock lying on the shelves of a store

yes the same license will work for the 2013 and future products but I am very disappointed with them

20. guest

guest Guest

VS

Very... interesting. :) 2 persons sharing the forum account?

21. Hotep

Hotep Registered Member

LOL..., my thoughts exactly!;)

22. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Maybe split personality...Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?:D
    Back to topic,i'll re-install BitDfender AV as soon as possible on my laptop,as i have a free licence from an old giveaway and i wanna use it.Few days ago when i tried it i wasn't so pleasantly surprised..

23. Amin

Amin Registered Member

personality polarization :d bashin the bitdefender by Kaspersky fans i guess !

but afaik bitdefender has some problem on 64-bit systems ,

i've used it on my 32-bit os , no lags no bugs .

best regards.

24. Madalin_V

Madalin_V Registered Member

I just upgraded from Bitdefender 2012 to 2013. I'm impressed. Really impressed:

• much lighter than the previous version
    • the safepay feature looks impressive. I know that it uses a VPN connection. In the light of the recent attackes against payment providers, it's surely a very good addition.
    • also, i love the antitheft feature (good to spy on your GF :p ).

Overall, i love the new application.

25. Sher

Sher Registered Member

I tried "Internet Security" first and now "Total Security." In my opinion, "TS" is a bit heavier as compared to "IS." There are two "parental" processes going in the Task Manager which I don't really need since I don't use that feature at all along with "Anti-Spam."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.