BitDefender 2008 Rescue CD available for download

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Chubb, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  2. Rdmart

Rdmart Registered Member

Thanks for posting that.:thumb:

Regards,
    Ron

3. Durad

Durad Registered Member

Is this Linux based disk again??

I remeber old one (Linux Defender) was to buggy, even support admited that to me. It was unable to properly mount Windows partitions and was crashing.

4. Rdmart

Rdmart Registered Member

Yes it is. I have never know little about linux itself but I belive its based or uses knoppix.:doubt: Have not tried it myself just got it. Wil try it tommorow. Perhaps someone who has tried it can go into details.

Regards,
    Ron :)

5. kinwolf

kinwolf Registered Member

Well I am posting this from the rescue CD while it is scanning. Indeed it is still based on Knoppix. I had to boot using the ACPI=Off option and had to mount my Vista partition using -ro (read only) but the scan is going well so far.

The estimated end timer is waaay off but beside that there is nothing to say.

I mounted my vista partition in read only for 2 reasons, first one is that I didn;t want to take the chance to corrupt it, second is that knoppix couldn't mount it by itself so it;s preferable to do a ro mount in that case(or so I read). Of course, had there been a virus, a read only disk would have cause problem for the removal :p

Kin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.