bitdefender 10 beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by the extremist, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Thanks Blackcat. I intended to trial BitDefender on my wife's PC.:)

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

of course...u're going easy eith your PC....your wife's may crush, no problem. :D Just joking. :p

3. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

That's for sure, my wife is good for crushing things, recently she just crushed
    her car.:p :blink:

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

BETA 3 available for download!

5. pykko

pykko Registered Member

downloading it right now...but with my extraordinary connection perhaps tomorrow I'll be able to test it. :D

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Notes on Beta 3

Improvements:
    - Category based analysis has been added in the Parental Control module (based on heuristic filters, the category based analysis automatically classifying web pages based on content and other cues)
    - When the user logs on a network for the first time since BitDefender has been installed, the BitDefender Firewall detects it and launches the BitDefender Firewall Wizard. It allows the user to properly configure the BitDefender Firewall for that specific network. Each time the user logs on a known network, the predefined profile is automatically applied.
    - The number of BitDefender processes has been reduced from 8 to 6.

Bug fixes:
    - Contextual scan does not work.
    - The Default List from the Parental Control module does not work.
    - Moving or copying files to the quarantine folder does not work
    - When more than 4 scanning tasks run in the same time, BitDefender On-demand Scanner crashes.
    - The Web Control module failed to apply rules for URLs including http://.
    - www.ebay.de failed to be displayed when HTTP Scanner was enabled.
    - After an update process was performed, the update progress bar remained at 100% of the total status.
    - Rarely, the antispyware module was disabled due to inconsistent behavior of the product.

Known issues:
    - Stealth mode is currently not available.
    - Rarely, ICS (internet Connection Sharing) might not work properly due to the BitDefender Firewall module (We recommend to disable and re-enable the firewall)
    - The Block Traffic from the General tab button does not work
    - The Firewall actions from sys tray do not work
    - Load/Save Settings from General>Settings do not work
    - The Anti-rootkit module is not available yet.
    - If “category-based analysis” is disabled, the “Use the list of blocked sites provided by BitDefender” option from Web control does not work

7. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

Beta 4 is out:

8. talles121

talles121 Registered Member

has anyone of you report some Suggestion or Bug to improve the Product Bitdefender beta thru their beta-report ?

I reported some Suggestion to them:D

9. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Err....People test betas to report bugs and provide suggestions for improvement. :D

10. pykko

pykko Registered Member

well, I'm a little bit dissapointed by their beta testing... from beta 1 to beta 4 they added the HTTP scanner and improved some little things.
    The anti-rootkit module is not available yet, the stealth mode neither and Sometimes the BitDefender process \"bdss.exe\" uses 99% of the system\'s CPU. (For me it happened severela times and it's not quite funny. :( )

Perhaps in beta 15 they'll finally add/improve some more.
    I"m not telling you that beta1 was more like an alpha version, definetly not a beta.

11. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi

I am very interested in bitdefender 10 I looked at some of the screenshots and they looked great. i have always liked the self repair and think all av's should have it. can some one show me a screenshot of there task manager showing all the BD processes? on bd 10 beta

btw do bitdefenders firewall alerts still come with like 10 options and are very confusing?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.