bitdefender 10 beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by the extremist, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pykko

pykko Registered Member

for me it started very well, even faster than I expected. And my system is OK now. But I've used it only one day...then back on my sweet NOD. :D :D

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i finally got around to testing the beta. i wish it wouldnt install all the modules, but i just disabled them afterwards.

like ppl noted, the gui isnt changed much if any.

in the few minutes since i installed it, no problems have risen. hopefully itll stay like that.

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

BETA 2 available for download :)

4. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

with bd10 out, anyone know what to become of bd8?

5. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

I think BD9 will be free at that time.

6. 19monty64

great but I hear a lot of negative about 9, and I just found 8...AVG, Avast & AntiVir drove me that direction....I can't buy if trial/freeware version cause problems!

7. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

Don't use Bitdefender free as your main AV, because free BD doesn't have active monitor. Use Antivir or Avast as main AV and BD free for on demand scans.

8. 19monty64

Is AntiVir7 a beta, because I've had no luck @ all with anything beta! If so is 6 still available?

9. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Ne, AntiVir 7 is already final.

10. 19monty64

Thanx for the help and sorry for getting off topic, I think I'll go for BD9 until 10 is un-beta'd, ciao4now&thanxagain!

11. ronbo613

ronbo613 Registered Member

Been using BD9 for some time now, no problems I can see. I uninstalled Spybot and a couple other spyware progs because since installing BitDefender, along with Zone Alarm and Adaware, my computer has been well protected, BD9 catching a number of viruses and trojans.
    I would probably upgrade to BD10 when the beta period is over if they make a good deal on an upgrade.

12. 19monty64

I've already un-installed some of the a/s-apps except AdAware & SpywareBegone(new version/MUCH improved)...any idea how long on BD10? Have no luck with AVG, Avast, AntiVir, McAfee, Norton, Panda....not beefing about their products, it's a compatability issue with my pc since re-formatting that has prevented me from even changing my firewall from one you get with SP2.....ZoneAlarm and AgnitumOutpost slowed me to a crawl. ....ciao4now&thanxagain!!!

13. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Ron,
    What security applications, in addition to BD 9, do you have on your computer? I am wondering if you have an anti-trojan, such as Ewido.
    Some have reported that BD 9 is not compatible with Spyware Blaster, and Spyware Guard.

Thanks in advance.

Jerry

14. 19monty64

I had to un-install Spywareguard/blaster because of BD9, which is why I installed SpywareBegone, and at present XP/SP2 only other protection. System resources a big issue for my old-256M...couldn't even keep AdAware!!!

15. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I keep hoping that the BD folks will "fix" the compatibility issues with BD9.

Jerry

16. 19monty64

...hopefully BD fixes it soon so I can re-install SWblaster/guard, instead of having to limit my surfing & dLo'ding...I use firefox exclusively(noIE)

17. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

why would u have to limit ur downloading and surfing? o_O

18. 19monty64

no on-guard protection yet(bd8 ), but at least I managed to re-install SpywareBlaster without conflict...spywareguard and defender still cancel each other out though, after re-boot? They were both on start-up list but only sg has "on-guard" protection...

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2006
  19. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

While I wish they would fix it, I have zero confidence that they will. They are working on BD 10, and maybe it will be improved, but so far BD has shown not interest in improving the compatibility issues as far as I have seen.

It is really a good AV, and I would like to install and use it for at least the remaining time of my license, but do not think BD will change anything in BD 9 at least. Guess we will have to wait and see what happens in BD 10. I suspect it will be several months before it is out of beta.

Jerry

20. 19monty64

I have found that SpywareBlaster, SpywareBegone and SpybotS&D all work fine with it and none of these use any sys.resources:) so I will definitely be going with BD9, anyone know length of trial and cost per license?

21. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I know it's 29$. In Romania it's much cheaper because they are from Romania. :D

22. 19monty64

after the update I got this morning, I am glad I held off on buying license... my BD8 got a BD9 update I guess and caused pop-up errors so bad I had to force shut-down & un-install... went to softwin to re-download & ended up with same disaster... definitely won't buy now!!!!!

23. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Any conflicts between Bit Defender and BoClean?

24. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

In India BD Professional costs around $36 if you buy from your local reseller :p

25. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Not on my system ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.