Bit tired of waiting on this update

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by elapsed, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

The original issue:

I basically traced the source of my 100% CPU usage to 2 files related to the AoE3 game, happy to have solved my issue I contacted an ESET representative.

November 14th, 2008, 06:11 AM

How long exactly is shortly? I've found a problem in your software, you found a fix, what's the holdup?

To re-iterate again, there's a problem with advanced heuristics scanning these files that creates a loop.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I was told by our developers that the problem would be fixed within a few days, but actually it turns out that it will take more time, perhaps they are making further changes to AH so they will release it at once.

Update: an update to advanced heuristics module has been released, those 2 files are scanned now much quicker.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  3. elapsed

Can you tell me if this fix will apply to all files packed this way or if it simply a "whitelist" for these 2 files?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Certainly the fix is not related only to these 2 files. Otherwise it could have been fixed within a minute.

5. elapsed

Well I have everything turned on and my Vista system is much more stable, I did an entire scan without it sticking on anything. I still have a problem with a long bootup with advanced heuristics/runtime packers for real-time turned on. I'll look into if any files are causing this. I'll also test out my XP machine which was the serious case.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.