Bit Defender 64 bit goes ballistic

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Oldjim, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Bad news ,but i expected them to do a new mistake.
    Since January 2010 ,when i was using BD 2010 along with W7 64 bit ,i dropped it from my main machine ,right after some issue with the gaming mode and some strange hard drive file system ciorruption (which ocurred wight after the autoupdate).So again lack of pre-testing.
    On my secondary machine i simply turned off the autoupdate and i do update it manually rarelly.95 days left on that and judging by the way they continue i don t think i ll renew or even trial a new BD very soon.
    I think they need coders and testers :)
    Or maybe they simply try to get out of the market as loud as they can :) .

2. Matt BitDefender

Matt BitDefender Registered Member

Sorry to hear about your problems - have you contacted our support department about them?

3. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Research the bitdefender forum for the issue with the gaming mode ,it was posted by me (with the same nick name) when it happened (and i wasnt the only one with problems).I m posting issues since 2008 and i got tired in the mean time ,because 90% of the cases ,it is not fixed.
    Your program simply "atacks" the file system for some time.
    Seeing the nice false positive thing ,which reflects again lack of pretesting ,tell s me something.You are not on the right path and i will not risk to get my data f... up again by false postives or by the program itself.

4. Matt BitDefender

Matt BitDefender Registered Member

Hi Sm3K3R

We take any problems our consumers have very seriously. If you like, feel free to PM me on here with details of your issue and I can personally pass them on to our support team to make sure they get solved.

Best,

Matt

5. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

IMO, if you guys really take customer's problem seriously, you should have at least found the problem back in 2008, since he already reported the problems many times on your forum.
    Sorry truth hurts.

6. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

just got back from fixing a literally destroyed win 7 install for a customer. they have a paid version of bitdefender and said i quote "get rid of it its worse than having a virus, id rather have a virus on my system and be able to use the computer" lol needless to say they will not be going back, they are trying avast free now and like it a lot so far..

7. noway

noway Registered Member

I agree but it's becoming increasingly difficult to find AV apps that don't, at least for the real-time protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.