BIOS flash

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Oleg, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

My BIOS date Is 2003 should I flash my BIOS or not?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Is your computer working well? if it is working well I wouldn't in fact my Bios is 04 but It is working fine so I can't see the need. A bad Bios flash is not a little concern,it can really cause you a lot of grief if the flash goes bad.

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I did it a million times on my motherboard. Its really easy to do if you have an ASUS motherboard. :)

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

yes, asus and msi did it always -knocking on wood- without any issues :) maybe if you know your mobo, we could look up your drivers ;)

5. Arup

Arup Guest

MSI posted a BIOS for my dual CPU motherboard which totally fried the chip, had to replace the chip and all we got from MSI is an apology, it is a good idea however to flash the BIOS periodically as sometimes it also includes performance enhancements like memory timing as well as CPU and video card and other hardware issues. Thankfully most BIOS chip manufacturers now offer us the ability to flash BIOS from within Windows itself instead of the painful DOS procedure where a corrupted floppy would usually mean huge trouble.

6. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

Is it posible to order the right BIOS flash on CD?

7. hadi

hadi Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.