BIOS Flash Update When Starting Up

Discussion in 'hardware' started by subhrobhandari, Jul 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

Okay, something odd happened. I turned off my computer as usual and after an hour when starting up I got the Intel Flash Update Utility asking me to update bios. I exited the tool and windows started up as usual. I never seen this happen and I didnt even try to update the BIOS. My mobo is Intel DH61WW and its running the BIOS it came with. And my computer is running as usual, without any problem as far as I know.

However it was turned off abruptly around two weeks ago, when my PSU decided to go bang, After replacing the PSU after one day, everything appeared to be normal. I ran read tests on my hard disks and they all appear fine. My guess is the blowing up off PSU affected the BIOS. However in the past two weeks, I have restarted around 10 times and never encountered this.

Anyone got ideas?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  2. Veeshush

Veeshush Registered Member

I don't get what you're asking. It just sounds like their software found an update for your BIOS, and then never alerted you again. I don't think it has anything to do with your PSU issue.

If you want the latest BIOS for your Intel DH61WW then I think this is it: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23393 Dated 11/12/2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.