bios boot order

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by cet, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

Is it safe to choose the bios boot order as :First -hard disk ,second dvd writer.Because this time it takes only 19 sec to boot but the other way (dvd first) it takes 26 seconds.

2. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Unless I am installing something, I only select hdd as my boot device and leave out everything else, this gives me the fastest boot.

3. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Just remember to change it back again when you need to boot from live CD or rescue CD.
    :) cet seems to be a speed addict :D

4. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Ha ha Ubuntu's boot speed spoils us all and makes us impatient, I installed Fedora 13 which is no slouch and yet found it lacking in term of boot speed as I am so used to Lucid's rapid boot and lightning shut down.

5. cet

cet Registered Member

I usually boot up nearly 5 times a day.I do not leave computer to hibernate because electricity could be cut off anytime.So I wake up check the mails.Prepare lunch or bake the cake and check the news...etc;)

Now I have to learn the rescue cd.Where can I download it?:D

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  6. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

I do it this way https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=271824 and it works very well for me, so no harm in trying.

Edit: For system backup image I use Remastersys, quick and easy, and once again, it works for me. Should it for some reason
    not work for you try CloneZilla.

Last edited: May 27, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.