bill103.exe

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mess27, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mess27

mess27 Registered Member

I am trying to figure out how to uninstall an unwanted bill103.exe file that will not allow me to access internet or update the eset security system, any ideas would be greatly appreciated

2. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Some information on it can be found here.

Manual removal shouldn't be too hard. Alternatively you could try MBAM or Dr.Web Cure-it.

3. dalecosp

dalecosp Registered Member

We saw this one yesterday. The primary infestation seems to have been the "Koobface" worm, but Bill came along for the ride. It also had some other friends. ;)

We tried Eset's online scanner, it got a few things but not Bill nor Koobface. MBAM got a few more, and ID'ed Koobface, but couldn't update due to the infestation and couldn't clear it. We didn't see anything in particular in HJT. Cleared "temp" dirs, took Bill out of the registry's RUN section, "killed bill" in taskmgr, he didn't come back. For Koobface, we finally ran the Microsoft tool (mrt.exe). We are told that things are running well for them this morning, but I haven't seen the machine to be sure. One way to test seems to be trying to open this forum in IE ... if you're still hijacked and are redirected, Koobface has still got ya by the neck. :mad:

BTW, if you can rid yourself of Koobface in less than 2.5 hours, you're ahead of me on that box.... :argh:

4. gork

gork Registered Member

Hi, am running windows 7. Got the koobface from Facebook. I actually think Bill is the main program and Koobface came along for the ride. Mcafee found the koobface, deleted it and it reinstalled.

entered bill103 in search it was found but i couldn't delete at first. had to disable bill, (in processes)and the running application v2captcha21[1].exe. Once i did that I was able to delete bill. Haven't had the annoying problems for several hours, and b4 couldn't go 5 minutes without being invaded.

Hope this helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.