Bigbuck's Mum & Spam

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bigbuck, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alec

Alec Registered Member

Cool, thanks for the info guys. I just had remembered reading that the support was being discontinued, but I didn't have any actual experience with Hotmail's policy. :)

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

They might now charge for support in installing it or using it, that I don't know, as I have never needed to call them about setting it up or using it. Outlook Express auto-detects the settings when you type in your username@hotmail.com and Outlook has Http account as one of the many it can handle, again this auto-detects the settings when you type in your username@hotmail.com

So I still can't see that they have changed anything in relation to setting up OE or Outlook with a Hotmail account.

Cheers :D

3. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Okay guys & gals I am a hotmail free member - here is the scoop straight from the horse's mouth:

"Dear MSN Member,

Recently, Hotmail® announced that in order to improve customer experience and reduce spam and junk e-mail abuse on MSN® services, Hotmail will no longer allow new e-mail accounts to be accessed via Microsoft® Office Outlook® and Outlook Express.

We are pleased to inform you that because you are an existing and valued customer, at this time your current Hotmail and MSN account(s) are exempt from this restriction and you will be able to continue enjoying access to those accounts from Outlook or Outlook Express. However, any new Hotmail or MSN accounts you create will not be accessible via Outlook or Outlook Express.

Because you actively use Outlook or Outlook Express to access one or more of your MSN Hotmail or MSN e-mail accounts, this could be the ideal time to consider subscribing to our powerful new e-mail service - Microsoft Office Outlook Live.

As an Outlook Live subscriber, not only can you get uninterrupted access to your MSN e-mail accounts from Outlook, but you will also enjoy many other benefits.

As a thank-you for your loyalty to MSN, we'd like to offer you a 25% discount off the regular price of a year's subscription to Outlook Live. Sign up by April 19, 2005, and you can enjoy all your first year's benefits for just CDN$55.95 instead of CDN$74.95*. "

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Are they kidding, who's going to pay that? ? ?

5. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

My thoughts too!! Since I am grandfathered, why would I even consider paying. Oh well, it takes all kinds!! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.