big updates over a dial up modem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rothko, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rothko

rothko Registered Member

hi

i've recently converted my dad to nod32 and he has dial up internet access. he doesnt spend too long on the internet a day, usually just downloading emails and a little browsing. i was wondering how nod32 with dial up modem access to the internet handles big updates like the one that was released this week? if, say the big update gets half way down and then the internet connection is ended, the next time he goes online will it pick up from where it left off (similar to windows updates) or will it start downloading the whole update again. My next mission is to convert him to broadband, but i fear this may take time... :rolleyes:

thanks, lee

2. kalpik

kalpik Registered Member

It will resume from where it left. Dont worry! :D

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Not exactly.

Suppose a big update consists of say, 5 files. Then in this case, if Internet Access is disconnected, and only 3 out of 5 files have been downloaded, then the next time, the update will be resumed, and the 4th and 5th files will be downloaded.

But if connection is disconnected while the 4th (or 5th) file is being downloaded (i.e. the 4th/5th file is not fully downloaded and the first three have been fully downloaded), then the next time, it will start the download of the 4th/5th file all over again.

This is what I see on my PC with dialup.

4. kalpik

kalpik Registered Member

Maybe.. but i have noticed that it resumes even when its downloading engine0.nup and it is interrupted! Could be that im wrong though! Should wait for an official answer!

5. fosius

fosius Registered Member

When NOD32 is downloading engine0.nup and Internet Connection has been disconnected I doubt NOD32 will resume from the point where it stopped. It just starts downloading again from beginning..

6. rothko

rothko Registered Member

thanks for all the replies :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.